how much did i leave in the tank?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyv

Hi all, just began driving my 2013 Leaf again after lending it to my daughter for six months...

I was amazed that after 2+ years, I'm still able to get 110 miles on a charge! I have not babied this car, always charge to 100%, and haven't worried about special tips and tricks for long battery life (it's a lease)...

Today was a perfect 75 degree day in northwest Washington, and I managed to get 111 miles, admittedly driving like a granny.

Anyone with any idea how much further I could have driven?

The last bar just disappeared a few minutes before I reached my driveway... I got the Low Battery warning, and the Very Low Battery warning - is there another warning just before you start to turtle?

I got the Low Battery warning, and the Very Low Battery warning - is there another warning just before you start to turtle?

As I understand it, no. The VLBW is your cue to get thee to a charging station, pronto. After roughly 8 miles from VLBW, you get Turtled. You, specifically, might get 10 or 12 miles.

Iirc, in-between the VLBW and Turtle, the double power-circles begin turning into single power-circles from left to right, to tell you that maximum power is beginning to be reduced. But I may be unclear on timing. I've only spent a few minutes below VLBW in 4 years, and haven't turtled yet.

The Leaf will stop when the lowest cell-pair reaches 3v (at least this is my understanding). If you are on level ground and can let the car roll gently you can keep that from happening for a long time. The more demand you give (acceleration, up hill, speed) the lower the voltage. You will need something like LeafDD or the phone app to see battery status. Hope this helps.

martyv said:
Hi all, just began driving my 2013 Leaf again after lending it to my daughter for six months...
I was amazed that after 2+ years, I'm still able to get 110 miles on a charge! I have not babied this car, always charge to 100%, and haven't worried about special tips and tricks for long battery life (it's a lease)...

The benefits of living in a "cool" climate...

Back