2014 Statistics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falco

Now that I have a complete year of "ownership" and driving experience I would like to share my statistics with you.

I live in Chicago, IL which is known for its extreme heat in the summer and the extreme cold in the winter. The unrelenting, winter of 2013/2014 was by one measure the harshest in the history of Chicago. record breaking 26 days of temperatures below zero Fahrenheit (-17.7C), for the first time ever, 90% of Lake Michigan was covered in ice. it was one very long and cold winter.

Anyway, I was worried how will the Leaf perform in these conditions. The range was only up to 60+ miles, still enough to get me to work and back. My daily commute is approximately 50 miles.

Here are my statistics:

Mileage: 13,371.7
Avg Energy Economy 4.3miles/kWh

Mileage would have been higher but I spent 10 weeks in Europe on various assignments.

I could not be happier with the car. I have made numerous 95+ miles on a single charge. I enjoy the comfort and heat in the winter and AC in the summer. I drive in Eco mode all the time. I don't speed above 70mph, my driving is mostly below 65mph highway driving.

Back