CARWINGS not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

My little Carwings radio icon (the car with the antenna signal lines) is greyed out.

Won't let me update stations or control the car remotely.

I'm wondering if this has been happening ever since it went to the body shop to have it's bumper repaired in December and I just never noticed.

Has anyone else seen this?

I don't readily pay attention to the icon but I can tell you that yesterday while driving somewhere I got a message that CarWings updated 133 charging stations... so I guess mine worked yesterday?

cdub said:
My little Carwings radio icon (the car with the antenna signal lines) is greyed out.

I'm wondering if this has been happening ever since it went to the body shop to have it's bumper repaired in December and I just never noticed.

Log in to your owner's portal, and open up CARWINGS (bottom option). See if it's been recording driving history or not.

If it's stopped recording, try reauthenticating (using vehicle touch pad to re-enter your CARWINGS username and password. In my experience, this will start CARWINGS connecting again.

Then call your dealer and tell them you're having CARWINGS reliability problems. There's a Technical Service Bulletin out for the early cars (I think yours may qualify). The problem is the Telematics Communications Unit (TCU) giving up after X number of failed connections. The fix is a firmware update.

cdub said:

You should try the F34 fuse reset for the TCU described in http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The F34 fuse pull magic fixed my troubles with remote access (web, phone, text). Ah, the joys of being an early adopter.

i rarely look at the Carwings rankings and data. Anybody found a good use for it?

Have a similar problem. Can't connect to car from Nissan Webpage. Getting error 'update failed.' when checking on charging status

eMaS said:
Have a similar problem. Can't connect to car from Nissan Webpage. Getting error 'update failed.' when checking on charging status

This could simply mean you're parked in an AT&T dead zone. Does it happen in different places?

Just noticed a bad side effect of CARWINGS losing connectivity. My TCU was locked up and not communicating all through December:

8e75edd4b1b20c0aac81a8c29600dc81

Now my Distance Travelled and Time is off by 4,000 miles, and apparently will never catch up.

a07706687f40f60dee1adc8b4c00039f

For these charts to be accurate, your LEAF would have to have a 100% perfect communication record. I wonder if anyone still has an unblemished record?

This is part of Nissan's recall/customer service campaign.

Some Leaf's (within a VIN range) need to have their firmware updated. The emails said it would take about an hour, but at my dealer, it took more like 5.

For me, this immediately solved the Carwings problems with connecting in. (Data seems to be stored for no more than 7 days on the car, and once it was fixed, it transmitted all the data to the Carwings server. Data between when he problems started on 1/30 to 2/14 was lost in my case.)

Here's the email they sent:
Nissan is committed to providing the highest level of product quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding your Nissan LEAF™.

REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software. Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P."

In addition, Nissan has improved both the accuracy of the charging-time estimate on the meter display and the distance-to-empty estimate when using a smartphone or other Internet device through CARWINGS™. The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, CARWINGS connectivity, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

To assure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, your EV-certified Nissan Dealer will update the software at no cost for parts and labor at a time and location that best meet your needs. Typically performed at your Nissan EV Dealer, the update can also be completed by an EV-certified technician at your home or place of business, provided there is a suitable and safe work area. Please discuss with your Nissan EV Dealer regarding timing and location.

In support of this software update, a new owner's manual will also be provided.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Contact your EV-certified Nissan Dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange your appointment:

I actually had this firmware update a couple of weeks ago.
Now I have intermittent connections to the data center.
In my garage, I have 3 bars on the radio signal.
In the driveway, 5 bars.
Yet, in neither instance can I connect to the data center.
But, I had previously been able to connect when the car was in the garage.
I now need to drive 4 blocks down to the main street in town to establish a connection.
Again, it all worked fine previously.
Sun flare?
AT&T reliability?
Nissan service item?

I am a computer idiot so I don't know what it means to "access the server." However, I have been able to go into Carwings through the Leaf owners website and look at my driving history, which has been updating with about a one day lag time.

My issue with Carwings website is that I can see my Regional Ranking, but when I try to click onto the World Rankings nothing happens. Are other people able to see their world rank?

My Carwings last updated driving info on Oct 22. The dealer said the TB only applied to vehicles built before 6-1-11, and since mine was after I don't need it. So I use the dash to monitor my driving and don't really need the Carwings info. Still, it should work. When I take it in for its annual I will have them look at it.

The only way I can get driving history updated is to resign to my account. I also was told by CS after several phone calls and chats that update is only way to get my CW working right again. No service possible here yet so have to wait and see if update will fix it.

Back