Cracked Windshield

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smacpete

Has anyone else had their windshield crack? This one started at the very bottom at about center on the driver's side and arced about 12" flattening out and extending to the center of the windshield. It did not start from a rock or any other hit and appears to be in the outer layer of the laminated glass. Rough spot in edge? Bad mounting? Here in San Diego we don't get extremes of temperature. 30* max. Suggestions, inputs, info :(

Posted for my friends Kathy & John Beard, who got their Black Leaf in August!

Try the search feature with your post title and see what happens. I got this.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smacpete said:
Has anyone else had their windshield crack? This one started at the very bottom at about center on the driver's side and arced about 12" flattening out and extending to the center of the windshield. It did not start from a rock or any other hit and appears to be in the outer layer of the laminated glass. Rough spot in edge? Bad mounting? Here in San Diego we don't get extremes of temperature. 30* max. Suggestions, inputs, info :(

Posted for my friends Kathy & John Beard, who got their Black Leaf in August!

My leaf also had a cracked windshield after 4 days. Dealer claimed it was a rock. When installer removed old windshield it became obvious that the problem started blow the cowl and could only have happened during installation. Because the dealer was too cheap to investigate a potential design flaw was not reported to Nissan.
Doug Coleman
Red Nissan Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back