"cold weather" noise

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukemd

I have noticed that since it has become cold, < 35 F, there seems to be a whistling/whirring noise coming from the front. In the car it is loud enough to be heard even if the radio is on a normal volume. I am only driving in town between 20 and 30 mph.
I dont know if this is the ADA "noise maker" for people with vision issues that is louder in cold weather. A noise from the electric motor?

Any ideas? Others with this issue since winter has arrived.

R

I too have been hearing some extra noise with the colder weather, and especially at low speed (10-25 mph) for example while driving around looking at Christmas lights. I've been hearing it for about a month and our temps have been around 20-25 almost every night for the past two weeks. No, it is definitely not the ADA noise maker. No ideas, but I didn't think it was significant to mention on the forum.

Reddy

I am just hoping it is cold related and not something I am going to hear in the springtime. I will cross my fingers the next 4 months

R

Back