Leaf Repair Manual

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's sticky topic about docs that tells you how to get it from Nissan for $20. This Bozo is probably selling it bootleg. I hope eBay nails him.

I haven't purchased a service manual from eBay, but Nissan makes it available via a subscription service on the website listed above. The cheapest subscription service is approximately $20 for 24 hours of access. With that subscription, you'd have to go into the Nissan website and open up each one of the pdf files that make up the set for the Leaf service manual (around 49 documents - edited 4/23), and then do a "save as" to your hard drive. Some links won't work, but you'll then have all the manuals that way.

During that 24 hours, you can also download any other Nissan manuals as well, since you'll have access to the whole collection. But when the 24 hours is done, so is your access.

That's how I downloaded the Leaf manual. It's a great value for $20. Definitely a first edition, and there are a few things in the manual that are not correct, but it's a lot better than having nothing....

I'd even pay another $20 to download a revised manual down the road. It would have been very difficult to do my stereo upgrades without the books.....

Randy

MrFish said:
davewill said:
Here you go. This'll get you there.

http://www.leafic.com/wiki/index.php/Service_Manual

Thank you.

So the eBay guy is selling the same repair guide as the dealers?
Those pages look similar to what I have. The table-of-contents page shows more sections than mine does so it's probably downloaded more recently. Presumably, that's the same as what you'd get from nissan-techinfo.

When I downloaded the manual, I got 51 sections. YMMV depending on whether there has been any updates/changes.

I could use some help...
I've purchased my 24 hour access, but when I click on the "view file" button I get the manual index page, with the index on the left side of the pdf, but it's only a 5 pg document. I don't see the 50-55 documents you folks mention here...

EDIT: Wait, I think I figured it out. I'm changing the file name in my browser address bar. A pain, but worth it!
Thanks, Bill

Electric4Me said:
I could use some help...
I've purchased my 24 hour access, but when I click on the "view file" button I get the manual index page, with the index on the left side of the pdf, but it's only a 5 pg document. I don't see the 50-55 documents you folks mention here...

EDIT: Wait, I think I figured it out. I'm changing the file name in my browser address bar. A pain, but worth it!
Thanks, Bill
Happy downloading!

Please do post here with the number of .pdf files that you got, and perhaps even a listing of the files. I would like to know what has been added since I downloaded mine on Apr 3. Thanks!

aqn said:
Please do post here with the number of .pdf files that you got, and perhaps even a listing of the files. I would like to know what has been added since I downloaded mine on Apr 3. Thanks!

Andy,
I just went by the listing you posted in the other thread, so the exact same files. The index page still lists 51 sections.

It is weird that they're all broken up like that. Why the heck couldn't they just merge them into one pdf? I suppose it might be a mistake. I started downloading the service manual for another car, and it was a 200 Mb pdf. I'll just merge them into one document myself in Acrobat...

aqn said:
Electric4Me said:
Andy,
I just went by the listing you posted in the other thread, so the exact same files. The index page still lists 51 sections.
Thanks for the update, Bill. I just thought there may be more sections now, since the table-of-contents of the manual offered on eBay is different than mine and looks like it may have more stuff. For example, its section "B ENGINE" has subsections (mine is empty) and contains "EM Engine Mechanical" (EM.pdf?), "LU Engine Lubrication System" etc.

Actually, on closer inspection, that TOC page shows a "CL Clutch" section!! Something is fishy there (besides the fact that the dude probably shouldn't be selling the manual on eBay!).

Electric4Me said:
It is weird that they're all broken up like that. Why the heck couldn't they just merge them into one pdf? I suppose it might be a mistake. I started downloading the service manual for another car, and it was a 200 Mb pdf. I'll just merge them into one document myself in Acrobat...
It's probably to improve on-line reading. I know I can't search correctly, or at all, with Acrobat-in-Firefox until the entire PDF file has completed downloading; breaking the doc into smaller pieces reduces waiting time. Also, maybe it's to discourage downloading :D .

OK. I am having trouble locating these files. If I go to the link Dwill posted, the only service manual it finds is not what I want. If I type in the file name from the list posted by someone else of the 51 files that make up the service manual it does not find them. What am I missing?

The files are all linked internally to each other from the main file. So you need to open each one separately and do a "save as" to your hard drive for all the pdf files...The 3 letter acronyms are important in the name because that's how they are referred to internally, so keep those in your naming convention....

On a related note, I contacted customer support for the pubs website a couple of days ago and they're still looking into it... I will report back if I learn any news.

As in ***.pdf? That's what I searched for.
Randy said:
The files are all linked internally to each other from the main file. So you need to open each one separately and do a "save as" to your hard drive for all the pdf files...The 3 letter acronyms are important in the name because that's how they are referred to internally, so keep those in your naming convention....

rawhog said:
OK. I am having trouble locating these files. If I go to the link Dwill posted, the only service manual it finds is not what I want. If I type in the file name from the list posted by someone else of the 51 files that make up the service manual it does not find them. What am I missing?
When you said you went to "the link Dwill posted" did you mean you went to "http://www.leafic.com/wiki/index.php/Service_Manual", or did you mean you went to the link that is on that page, that is, you went to "http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/product.aspx?dept_id=18&sku=online1"?

The link at nissan-techinfo.com is the one you want.

Randy said:
rawhog said:
As in ***.pdf? That's what I searched for.
What do you mean you "searched for"? I'm confused: why did you need to "search" for anything?

Once you have paid for access, go to the main table-of-contents page; save it as a file on your computer. ("File -> Save As..." or click on the little diskette symbol in the top left hand corner for the Adobe Acrobat reader view.)

Then click on each subsection to open that subsection; save it as a file on your computer.
Repeat with all sections.
After saving all subsection files, you should have the list of files that I posted in the other thread.

Go here for all information regarding downloading the service manual[/url].

rawhog said:

This is why I purchased the manual on a CD from eBay

ELECTRIC - Bragging Rights!
signature_leaf.jpg

Back