Are Leafs on hold at Long Beach or are they being released?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjssd

It appears that there has been a hold on releasing cars from Long Beach because of the A/C problem. Are Leafs now being released for delivery to dealers?

I was about to post the same question. It seems they have NOT started the deliveries. Nissan is not willing to share that info, so only the dealers can tell us if the process has restarted and if they are receiving any LEAFs.

It seems to me that trucking of Leafs from the Port of Long Beach to Nissan dealers stopped on or around April 1. Is that the impressions others get?

-o-

UPDATE: Thanks to those who wrote and reported deliveries from port to dealers continued after the 1st of April (and before the "hold" placed on some vehicles).

Lots of deliveries since the 1st.

You can start reading from here about deliveries from the 5th onward.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2099&start=625

Here is a bunch from the spreadsheet.

drlesley 838 4/1/2011 CA Connell Nissan
wwhitney 835 4/1/2011 CA Boardwalk
Lopton 857 4/1/2011 CA Fontana Nissan
sranga 751 4/1/2011 CA
dpfeif 553 4/1/2011 TX Grubbs Nissan
ttweed 1317 4/1/2011 CA Pacific Nissan
c1987 9XX 4/2/2011 CA Santa Maria Nissan
myleaf 471 4/3/2011 AZ Rairdon Auburn
KevinH 823 4/4/2011 CA Boardwalk Nissan
smconnors1 878 4/4/2011 CA raceway nissan
intrepion 649 4/5/2011 OR Rustom Nissan of Portland
Clippy 746 4/7/2011 CA North Bay Nissan
Electric4Me 772 4/8/2011 CA North Bay Nissan
847 4/9/2011 OR Wilsonville Nissan

palmermd said:
Lots of deliveries since the 1st.

You can start reading from here about deliveries from the 5th onward.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2099&start=625

Here is a bunch from the spreadsheet.

drlesley 838 4/1/2011 CA Connell Nissan
wwhitney 835 4/1/2011 CA Boardwalk
Lopton 857 4/1/2011 CA Fontana Nissan
sranga 751 4/1/2011 CA
dpfeif 553 4/1/2011 TX Grubbs Nissan
ttweed 1317 4/1/2011 CA Pacific Nissan
c1987 9XX 4/2/2011 CA Santa Maria Nissan
myleaf 471 4/3/2011 AZ Rairdon Auburn
KevinH 823 4/4/2011 CA Boardwalk Nissan
smconnors1 878 4/4/2011 CA raceway nissan
intrepion 649 4/5/2011 OR Rustom Nissan of Portland
Clippy 746 4/7/2011 CA North Bay Nissan
Electric4Me 772 4/8/2011 CA North Bay Nissan
847 4/9/2011 OR Wilsonville Nissan

But these could have been in transit or already at the dealers before the lockdown took place.

I know of one delivery that is being held back, reportedly due to the AC issue. Here's hoping he, and you all, get your cars soon!

I am on the spreadsheets with a June delivery. I am trying to figure out if the estimated delivery date is meaningful or a pipe dream. If cars remain on hold this would likely delay my delivery.

There is a NNA (Nissan North America) "HOLD" status showing on all the LEAFs I'm expecting in through May, but there has been no change to their (stated) ETA's. Nissan has a normal process where they can put a "HOLD" status on an incoming vehicle, or group of vehicles, while they fix an issue or problem. They do not normally report why a vehicle is being held at the port. Reported transit status is updated to dealers overnight, but it is a separate system from the LEAF customer and dealer dashboards. If they released the LEAF's today, I wouldn't see the status change until tomorrow and it wouldn't, neccesarily, be reflected on my dealer dashboard. A vehicle being on hold may have no effect on expected delivery to a dealer as there is some flexibilty to the scheduling.

jwhitehouse said:
If they released the LEAF's today, I wouldn't see the status change until tomorrow and it wouldn't, neccesarily, be reflected on my dealer dashboard. A vehicle being on hold may have no effect on expected delivery to a dealer as there is some flexibilty to the scheduling.

When the Leaf is "released", does that mean the vehicle is ready to be shipped (transported to the dealer) or is being shipped?

My VIN is 0756 and it's been at the Port on hold for over three weeks. My dashboard still says Week of April 8th and it's the 12th with no car delivered. Received the 7 day e-mail on March 23rd. So much for scheduling.

BobTarlau said:
It seems to me that trucking of Leafs from the Port of Long Beach to Nissan dealers stopped on or around April 1. Is that the impressions others get?

-o-

UPDATE: Thanks to those who wrote and reported deliveries from port to dealers continued after the 1st of April (and before the "hold" placed on some vehicles).

I know it only tracks deliveries in CA, but based on the daily tracking of the CVRP, it looks like deliveries went back to a trickle last week on the 7th (~2 per day compared to ~15 per day the week before) and have come to a near stop this week so far.

I've got eight LEAF's showing VIN's in our Order Management System. One delvered at the end of March, but the others went into HOLD status and have been there about a week. Three have have had the HOLD released today, and have new ETAs (for the last week of April, first part of May). The OMS status I see is updated overnight (not immediately), but it seems like Nissan has resolution to the problem and is shipping LEAF's again.

Back