Are Leafs on hold at Long Beach or are they being released?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jwhitehouse said:
Three have have had the HOLD released today, and have new ETAs (for the last week of April, first part of May).

Thanks for the update. Are the 3 Leafs that were released, the first 3 of 7 that have the earliest delivery? I wonder if the Leafs are released in some sequence according to delivery date on the DB, or is it some other random order.

linkim said:
jwhitehouse said:
Three have have had the HOLD released today, and have new ETAs (for the last week of April, first part of May).

I wonder if the Leafs are released in some sequence according to delivery date on the DB, or is it some other random order.

We should know very shortly. I doubt if there are more than 10 people that have VIN lower than mine (565), and my DB still says March 28. :roll:

Just FYI - Nissan customer service called me this morning to ask a few questions about my order information. After answering their questions, I asked them if my delivery date (May 2) was pretty firm this time, since it keeps changing. She said they held up all of the cars to perform a firmware update related to the A/C. She said that is finished now and the cars would be delivered.

adric22 said:
Just FYI - Nissan customer service called me this morning to ask a few questions about my order information. After answering their questions, I asked them if my delivery date (May 2) was pretty firm this time, since it keeps changing. She said they held up all of the cars to perform a firmware update related to the A/C. She said that is finished now and the cars would be delivered.
I got a call from Devin at CS this afternoon. She told me that they would have more info on my LEAF later this week. I said, "that's odd, my dashboard is showing a VIN and delivery date." She said there was something funky going on over the weekend but I retorted that mine hadn't changed. Very strange. We'll see what this week brings :|

How much does Nissan (or Nissan-USA) have to pay a dealer for doing this Recall-Upgrade?

Apparently the "New-B" version is NOT the same
as the "Original-B" (3NA0B) version???

One dealer seemed "eager" to sign me up for the Recal Service, but
is there any way for US to tell if they actually did ANYTHING?

I called CS today, and Robert told me that my LEAF was 'released' on Apr. 15th. He said cars are usually shipped to the dealer two-three days later. ECOtality called me today and scheduled the charging station install for Apr. 25th.

Am in the "hold" boat too, on a "week of April 28" delivery for a VIN 1183 car. Was manufactured on 3/3 and probably arrived on the ship which left Oppama on 3/11. Dealer's system shows HOLD and CS said it should release next week.

With its departure date, am thinking I should change the car's license plate from "LEAF EV" to "LUCKY".

Fontana Nissan told me my Leaf is still on hold (delivery week of April 22), so hopefully will get the software update and be released next week.

I wish I did not want this car so bad..The garage charger just looks at me with a puzzled look of, you have no EV so why am I here :?

I have gone from April 6th to April 12th over a month ago with no change sence then..I hope its not April 12th 2012 :cry:

DrPowell said:
Am in the "hold" boat too, on a "week of April 28" delivery for a VIN 1183 car. Was manufactured on 3/3 and probably arrived on the ship which left Oppama on 3/11. Dealer's system shows HOLD and CS said it should release next week.

Who's your dealer? I'm with Rairdon's. He said the same thing, that it was on hold so I'm hoping both of our Cayenne's get loaded soon. Mine was manufactured Mar. 9th, two days before the earthquake and tsunami.

Back