It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:26 pm 

Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Ready2plugin wrote:
azdre wrote:
Sitting here in my DEAD LEAF. Same symptoms. I set the car to precool, now it won't let me go anywhere. Yes, brake checked, acc mode checked. :evil:

Was the car plugged in? If it wasn't it looks like we do have the same problem here. As for A/C vs. AC I think Ray might be onto something...

I just talked to her... the car was not plugged in. So it looks like it is the exact same problem all over again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:45 pm 

azdre wrote:
Sitting here in my DEAD LEAF. Same symptoms. I set the car to precool, now it won't let me go anywhere. Yes, brake checked, acc mode checked. :evil:

This exact thing happened to me yesterday at 4 pm as I was trying to show it off to a co-worker. DEAD. Flat-bed tow truck arrives and driver tells me, "Oh, that is one of those electric cars. They are all a piece of junk." I told him not to touch my vehicle. I hopefully set him straight on keeping his opinions to himself and then we preceeded towing it for an hour to the dealer.

Got a call a while ago that the LEAF Tech line told them to evacuate the AC lines and recharge. I'm headed there soon to test the precool feature from my iPhone. They have it charging up now. They needed new lines for the AC that were non-magnetic so it won't interfer with the electronics.

DON'T PRE-COOL YOUR LEAFS UNTIL THEY FIGURE THIS OUT.

Off to the dealer....

Reserved - April 20, 3:20 pm - Ordered - September 8, 2010 - Delivery: - March 22, 2011 - VIN: 604
EV Project Blink - installed March 17
5.8 kW PV system with 27 SunPower 215 W panels

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:54 pm 

Leaf Number: 226
is Leafwing in AZ too?

Reserved 4/20; ordered 8/31; took delivery on 1/8/11, returned on 11/26/13; purchased from Fontana Nissan and returned to Gardena Nissan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:54 pm 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Azrich wrote:
This exact thing happened to me yesterday at 4 pm as I was trying to show it off to a co-worker. DEAD. Flat-bed tow truck arrives and driver tells me, "Oh, that is one of those electric cars. They are all a piece of junk." I told him not to touch my vehicle. I hopefully set him straight on keeping his opinions to himself and then we preceeded towing it for an hour to the dealer.

Got a call a while ago that the LEAF Tech line told them to evacuate the AC lines and recharge. I'm headed there soon to test the precool feature from my iPhone. They have it charging up now. They needed new lines for the AC that were non-magnetic so it won't interfere with the electronics.

DON'T PRE-COOL YOUR LEAFS UNTIL THEY FIGURE THIS OUT.

Off to the dealer....

OK, this is good. Problem quickly identified and an apparent solution devised.

L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
AV L2 EVSE (self-installed).
6.2kW DC of Sunpower PV.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:56 pm 

Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014
Is this going to be a recall?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:08 pm 

Strangely enough I have precooled several times in the past 2 weeks and I am in AZ... maybe a later software revision or process change caused this? I have a very early car so maybe I am lucky on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:12 pm 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360
I'm sorry, but this simply makes no sense.

I can't imagine a design implementation that would terminally shut down the vehicle because of an Air Conditioning malfunction. Nor does the comment about "non-magnetic lines" and interference sound like other than double-speak nonsense.

If either of these is actually true, the engineer who designed that system should be fired!

This is definitely deflecting my BS meter big-time. FYI, I've precooled many times without incident.

Azrich wrote:
Got a call a while ago that the LEAF Tech line told them to evacuate the AC lines and recharge. I'm headed there soon to test the precool feature from my iPhone. They have it charging up now. They needed new lines for the AC that were non-magnetic so it won't interfer with the electronics.

Last edited by TomT on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm 
Forum Supporter

Skywagon wrote:
Strangely enough I have precooled several times in the past 2 weeks and I am in AZ... maybe a later software revision or process change caused this? I have a very early car so maybe I am lucky on this one.

Not too surprising...If it happened all the time, they would have caught this long before now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:16 pm 
Forum Supporter

Azrich wrote:

I've got it! The A/C is much stronger than we knew and the metal A/C lines are getting supercold and becoming...SUPERCONDUCTORS! Powerful magnetic fields are then generated that scramble the on-board computers. Go ahead, tell me I'm brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:23 pm 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360
I'm sticking with space aliens!

davewill wrote:
I've got it! The A/C is much stronger than we knew and the metal A/C lines are getting supercold and becoming...SUPERCONDUCTORS! Powerful magnetic fields are then generated that scramble the on-board computers. Go ahead, tell me I'm brilliant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 61  Next