Sun visors - bloody useless!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like mine. being this far north the thinner ones on my Prius dont work in the afternoon. granted i do have a bit of an issue with the length not being long enough to catch the sun on the side view, but not bad.

Mx5racer said:
the ones in my RX8 are perforated full of holes :)
What about your Miata? (guessing from your name) The visors in my 2000 Miata were so small I just pulled them out entirely.

Are you talking about adding something like this?
410h5P8d5PL._SS350_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Black-12-Visormates-Visor-Extenders/dp/B002JRQ5N8

Speaking of the sunglass tray, it's way huge. My glasses get lost in there. Maybe I need to get some of those gigantic pimp-daddy glasses. :cool:

I find the visors super annoying. They are barely 50% of the width of the window. I wonder if those extensions from amazon would even come close to being long enough...

I tinted my front window and put a dark strip accoss the top of the windshield that will solve the problem. Or maybe you could sit on some books to make you taller?

Tinting the windshield just simply sounds scary to me regardless of whether or not it is legal. At night I want all the light I can get and a minimum of reflections..

Gonewild said:
I tinted my front window and put a dark strip accoss the top of the windshield that will solve the problem. Or maybe you could sit on some books to make you taller?

Ok - So only having my car only 5 days now. This is one of my biggest gripes. They are completely useless for the side windows. The link to the visor extensions a few posts above is now to an out-of-stock item.

Any one know of similar model visor (that has extensions). Looking at it I think I can unscrew the ones in the leaf and replace them with some other model if i can find one that fits.

Anyone have a solution for this problem yet?

Back