Seat Height keeps slipping

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrvous

Hi,

I have noticed something very strange about the manual driver seat height adjustment on our 2018 Leaf S. I usually set the seat height to raise the seat almost as high as it will go by using the lever (I like sitting up high). Over the course of a day or so, it seems like the seat drops down to the low position and I have to raise it up again using the lever.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

I don't own a 2018, nor am I certain about how Nissan implemented the seat high adjustment, but it's possible they use an air bladder in the seat and it has a leak. Pure speculation though...

Thanks, I will have to take a peek under the seat and see if I can figure out how it works. Maybe I can have the dealer check into it next time it's in. Not a huge deal just annoying. Thanks again!

alozzy said:
I don't own a 2018, nor am I certain about how Nissan implemented the seat high adjustment, but it's possible they use an air bladder in the seat and it has a leak. Pure speculation though...

The mechanism is mechanical. My former Honda CRV had the same issue. Although usually took riding over bad roads. If the ride quality got too busy, it gradually lost seat height.

Back