L2 charging is not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolle

Mine is 2013 LEAF with QC and becomes around 3.5 years old. Mileage is very low: 22,000 miles. It has still 12 battery gauges.

Since this week, L2 6kW charging via ChargePoint (installed at my workplace) doesn't work. DC fast and 120V slowest charging work fine.

I tried with other ChargePoint stations. But still not working. The charger says just communicating with the car and never starts charging.

Is this car problem?

Any information would be appreciated!

It is probably a problem with the car if you can't do an L2 charge on different EVSEs.

Some of the early 2013s had problems with the onboard charger. There are threads on this forum discussing that.

There were also some chargers that were reading the voltage incorrectly and faulting.

Also, it could a blown diode in your onboard charger. An EVSE that does not do the diode check will work though. The original AV Nissan branded units didn't. The diode check can be turned off in an OpenEVSE.

Thanks for the information.

My lease will end within a two months, which was a 3.5-yr lease. Since 3 years have passed, probably no warranty. Not sure whether I have to fix with my pocket money.

carolle said:
My lease will end within a two months, which was a 3.5-yr lease. Since 3 years have passed, probably no warranty. Not sure whether I have to fix with my pocket money.
From the '13 warranty booklet:
"ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) SYSTEM COVERAGE
The EV System coverage period is 60 months or
60,000 miles, whichever come first.
This warranty covers any repairs needed to correct
defects in materials or workmanship.
EV System Coverage applies to components
listed below under the heading EV System, supplied
by Nissan, subject to the exclusions listed
under the heading WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
EV SYSTEM
Motor, Inverter unit, VCM, Reduction gear,