Bad AC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1234567

I have a 2013S with the QC. A few months after I bought it, the heater failed at the height of a Chicago winter. Now that it's August, my AC has failed. When it went out, I felt water on my foot which the technician smirked at as not being possible. I searched here and is a real issue so I'm a little underwhelmed with the Nissan dealer. We were contemplating buying the Leaf out at the end of the lease but I don't want to own these problems.

Do a google search on this forum for the 2013 AC issue. There were problems with a drain line not being attached properly sending water into the foot well.

To whit- http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=13813

r1234567 said:
We were contemplating buying the Leaf out at the end of the lease but I don't want to own these problems.
It'll be interesting to see if whatever discounts NMAC/Nissan offers at the end are actually competitive w/the same car in the used market. For my '13 SV w/both packages, it was ~$3K to $3.5K too high vs. used market.

There seems to be a problem with the air conditioning on the 2013 S model. I have taken mine back to the dealers four times. The first time, two years ago, they replaced the condenser and some lines. Two years later, blowing hot air again. After taking it back two times, when they just kept putting coolant in it because they couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from, they finally replaced all the o rings. It works better, but nothing like my wife's 2008 Prius. Now a new problem. When the air is on and the car is moving forward, it makes this whining noise that goes up and down, like it's really laboring. It doesn't make any noise when the air is off or when the car is standing still with the air on. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

I was told an AC fluid line cracked leaking all the fluid out so it was replaced with a "better" quality line. It is apparently a pretty well known issue since they asked "does the fan run?" yes. "Does the A/C light come on?" yes, "ok, no problem. We will have to look at it but it will likely take about one hour to fix"

nothing leaked into the car

I forgot what they ordered to fix the AC but it'll take at least 7 days for it to arrive.

They said the drain was properly attached but they will do a test once the new part arrives and the car is filled with new coolant.

September 2013 leaf for my self at 16,200Km my PTC heater died, but the heat pump been rock solid, only at 2015 mid year did the thing finally get Fing fixed, so one very miserable winter at -60 and no fing heat, this winter it just stayed parked, worlds most expensive paper weight!

this upcomming winter will be nice with the fixed heater!

Back