Green Fluid leak

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusknightingale

I just heard that someone saw my 2014 Leaf leaking a green fluid. I went out to check it out, but it had rained since it was seen.

Is this a battery leak? Coolant leak? Was he just seeing things?

I'm a little freaked out. Not sure if I should drive right now.

I just drove it a little to move it from the charging station to a regular parking spot. No warning indicator lights came on. No difference in feel. I parked it and saw no leaks after watching for about 30 seconds.

Still, if someone knows what "Green fluid" could mean, it may set my mind at ease.

derkraut said:
Somebody may just be "pulling your leg"?

I certainly hope so, but I want to make sure this doesn't resemble a real problem. This is my family's commuter car and I still need to pick up my spouse and child today.

The coolant is a green color. If you're not seeing a leak it's possible that it was from the overflow tube. Or they may have just noticed a fluid leak that was left by a previous vehicle or misidentified the normal water drip from the AC condenser.

Check your coolant reservoir level.

ksnogas2112 said:
and your window washer fluid. mine was green.

I forgot about the possibility of washer fluid. Yeah, my wife likes the RainX stuff, which does happen to be green...

k2-_27e76c4f-45d7-493c-b000-1a6710c61df6.v1.jpg

Back