Is there a fuse just for the heater?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

Is there a fuse i can pull that will only disconnect the heater in my 2012?

I want to use the defrosters without the heater coming on. If it has a dedicated fuse i can simply yank it or replace it with a fuse on off switch so i can disable the heat at will.

The heater runs off the 400VDC bus. As such, I doubt there are any user-serviceable fuses or relays. There *may* be a fuse or a relay which actuates the coil for a 400VDC relay, but I don't know...

have you read http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks to me it does what you want.

It isn't as cheap as pulling a fuse but it is a solid improvement in the climate controls.

yep. I actually paid to have it done. problem sit is linked to the AC and I NEED the ac for defrost.

I am thinking if I can simply disconnect the heater at will I can save the $150 and put that money as credit toward another EVSE conversion. I REALLY need a second EVSE if anything happens to my one and only unit I am in deep crap. I drive 80 to 140 miles per day. with 80-90 being pretty rare (usually 100-110)

I got a 2013 control panel. it actually works but it does not "engage" the AC or the "HEAT"

found out simply blowing air on the windscreen does not do anything to clear it :)

nerys said:
Is there a fuse i can pull that will only disconnect the heater in my 2012?

I want to use the defrosters without the heater coming on. If it has a dedicated fuse i can simply yank it or replace it with a fuse on off switch so i can disable the heat at will.

You could simply do method 1 or method 2 as shown in this thread. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11412
I assume that you purchased Ingineer's equivalent of method 3.

nerys said:
I got a 2013 control panel. it actually works but it does not "engage" the AC or the "HEAT"
Thanks for this information. I've always been interested in this option, but I suspected it might not work due to the heat pump in the MY2013s and beyond. I wonder if it could be made to work with a firmware change...

My resistive heater died on Monday in my 2013SV, and I'm wondering if there is a fuse? Needless to say the drive this morning at -3F was a bit cold. Thank goodness I have heated seats and steering wheel. Seeing my breath during my drive was interesting, and something I would like to avoid.

firmware change would be interesting.

sadly I think I might have to cancel my modification of the panel.

I put the panel in yesterday. I had to stop halfway to work and swap the 2012 panel back in. Seems neither the AC or HEAT work with the panel. just the blowers.

while I can live with no heat I can't live without AC the windows fog up and the blowers would not clear them had to open the windows and pull over.

Grrr I can't afford to drive the gas car for a week of work would cost me $120 in gas. Ouch and it might take more than a week to get mine back. Grrr got to figure out what I can do.

I looked for a 2012 panel but dammit best price I can find is $130. Ouch.

The heater runs off the 400VDC bus. As such, I doubt there are any user-serviceable fuses or relays. There *may* be a fuse or a relay which actuates the coil for a 400VDC relay, but I don't know...
Seems like the best answer I've found yet it says in the manual that if the voltage drops too much say as in longevity of the battery is diminishing then certain things will not work

Back