Carwings Can't Login

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirdork

So I got my new 2015 SL on Friday the 12th.

The Dealer did not activate the TCU when the sold it to me. Carwings support confirmed this.
Took the car to the dealership today and the tech turned the system on for me.
I then went about being busy while they installed my winter tires.

When they were done and gave the car back to me I tried Carwings again.
It keeps telling me that the connection to the information center has failed. At no point did it say that I lost signal (IE no gray Icon).
The tech hopped in the car with me and we drove the car to a "better reception" area.
When that failed he was still stumped.

I googled a 2G coverage map for Rogers in my area (I'm in Canada) drove to a covered area and still no luck.

And here I am asking if anyone here can think of anything?

sirdork said:
So I got my new 2015 SL on Friday the 12th.

The Dealer did not activate the TCU when the sold it to me. Carwings support confirmed this.
Took the car to the dealership today and the tech turned the system on for me.
I then went about being busy while they installed my winter tires.

When they were done and gave the car back to me I tried Carwings again.
It keeps telling me that the connection to the information center has failed. At no point did it say that I lost signal (IE no gray Icon).
The tech hopped in the car with me and we drove the car to a "better reception" area.
When that failed he was still stumped.

I googled a 2G coverage map for Rogers in my area (I'm in Canada) drove to a covered area and still no luck.

And here I am asking if anyone here can think of anything?

Carwings Server is most likely hosed again. Give them a day or two. The Incompetence is Strong in that Company ....

GL & YMMV, IMHO.

I have talked to them all this week. The best they guessed was not strong enough signal, eventhough according to the coverage map I'm in a good strong area. I even tried at 2 am when less phones would be using the tower. No dice.

The dealership would like me to bring the car in or "tests".
I think the TCU is doa.

Hi there, fellow Canadian Leaf owner. Just bought and can't seem to access carwings.

I'm fairly certain I have a signal, it shows connecting to the centre and authorizing. It says I don't have an account setup. However I do. When I first received the car the VIN wouldn't process. I called in and they've now managed to add the vehicle to the account. However the car dashboard can't seem to find my id.

Did you register at https://carwings.mynissan.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

Back