Bluetooth problems

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megapower365

I am having problems pairing my iphone to the Nissan LEAF. The bluetooth option doesn't seem to be select-able anymore. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a factory reset for the bluetooth?

I've tried to attach photos:
Before:
LEAF%20bluetooth

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/LEAF bluetooth
After:
LEAF%20bluetooth

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/LEAF bluetooth

We have the same problem right now. I tried everything ourselves, including removing the 12v power and letting the car sit. It was interesting to see it go through a full re-boot. But still no blue tooth. Took it to the dealer and after a couple of guys looking at it decided it was the "blue tooth module" in the trunk area and ordered a new one. That was last week, and they are going to call us when the part comes in. So I hope this new module fixes it.

Sorry Travis; not entirely certain how to upload the pics to this thread.
Basically the "Bluetooth" option in the Menu>Settings screen cannot be pressed. Also if you try to pair a phone it just never finds the device; leading me to assume that the Bluetooth is not on.

Thanks all, I was hoping the factory reset by disconnecting the 12V battery would work but if its a problem with the Bluetooth module then it would need to contact the dealer.

Megapower365 said:
Sorry Travis; not entirely certain how to upload the pics to this thread.
I recommend using "imgur.com". It's simple to upload pictures and you can easily see the code to embed the pictures into this forum.

I logged onto my Dropbox account and couldn't see your pictures either. I was going to embed them for you. :(

I have 2 basic straight talk phones. If I try to pair it with the car, the phone locks up. The only way to unfreeze it is to take out the battery, get away from the car so it cant pair again, then put the battery back in and disable the bluetooth. It does this with either phone.

Megapower365 said:
@johnrhansen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdUEG7QkVYg

In this Youtube video they where saying that different phones require different pairing methods and some are not compatible check the owners manual. But when you do the battery pull on the phone does it pair with the car after?

doesn't apply. I have an s... no navigation system. I go through the button on the wheel and voice commands.

I noticed the "Comfort" option disappears, too. What makes that happen? Are there circumstances where they don't want you to do certain things? Like if the car is moving, or not it's not in Ready mode, or it doesn't work on Wednesdays, etc.?

BrockWI said:
We have the same problem right now. I tried everything ourselves, including removing the 12v power and letting the car sit. It was interesting to see it go through a full re-boot. But still no blue tooth. Took it to the dealer and after a couple of guys looking at it decided it was the "blue tooth module" in the trunk area and ordered a new one. That was last week, and they are going to call us when the part comes in. So I hope this new module fixes it.

Do you have the part number for the "blue tooth module" that was ordered?

gbarry42 said:
I noticed the "Comfort" option disappears, too. What makes that happen? Are there circumstances where they don't want you to do certain things? Like if the car is moving, or not it's not in Ready mode, or it doesn't work on Wednesdays, etc.?

In my case the "comfort" button was off since my car wasn't fully on, as in I didnt depress the brake and press the power button. Once I did that the comfort option became available.

We got it replaced today and it works now. They refereed to it as the bluetooth module in the luggage pass side panel. It does say they found the "DB" of this. They had the part number as "28388-3NF0A controller assy". It also mentioned checking ground wire on the module that it can come loose, hope this helps.

Back