Throwing codes!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuna55

After four "EV system warning" lights, finally saw the dealer.

P316c
P3170
P3171
b29c1

The dealer was not very helpful, other than reading the codes. I understand there was some information about a specific type of charger bandied about and that's about all. They also ordered a leaking high pressure A/C hose for me.

So, I'll ask you, for a car which has always (except for one evening at a parking garage at a quick charger) trickle charged in his garage on the same outlet, why would these codes pop up?

I'll give more information about my thoughts when I've given you guys enough time to take a whack at it without my influence.

Thanks
-Brian

Tuna55 said:
After four "EV system warning" lights, finally saw the dealer.

P316c
P3170
P3171
b29c1

The dealer was not very helpful, other than reading the codes. I understand there was some information about a specific type of charger bandied about and that's about all. They also ordered a leaking high pressure A/C hose for me.

So, I'll ask you, for a car which has always (except for one evening at a parking garage at a quick charger) trickle charged in his garage on the same outlet, why would these codes pop up?

I'll give more information about my thoughts when I've given you guys enough time to take a whack at it without my influence.

Thanks
-Brian

Brian,

These are the power distribution module error codes affecting 2013 Leafs. There was a voluntary recall a few months ago. You should have this computer programming fix done if you haven't.

You wouldn't notice a problem w trickle charging, but unless you have the reprogramming done, if you try to charge at 240 the car will frequently stop charging before fully charged.

As far as I know, the recall notice was sent to all 2013 Leaf owners. It is a little worrisome that your dealer didn't immediately know that you need the reprogramming done.

I checked the invoice, they have "Drecall factory campaign P3259" - is that the reprogram you're speaking of? They didn't explain it at all like you're saying. They said it was an issue with one particular brand of charger and that recall was to help that issue.

Tuna55 said:
I checked the invoice, they have "Drecall factory campaign P3259" - is that the reprogram you're speaking of? They didn't explain it at all like you're saying. They said it was an issue with one particular brand of charger and that recall was to help that issue.
Sounds like your dealer doesn't have a clue. :roll:

derkraut said:
Tuna55 said:
Sounds like your dealer doesn't have a clue. :roll:

Does this mean that they did the proper programming without knowing it, or something else?

Can you give some more details on this recall so I can use it next time I speak with the dealer?

There is another Nissan dealer within striking distance, but quite a bit farther away than this one. It is the one I leased the Leaf at and they seemed better. Perhaps next time it will be worth the extra drive.

I also have a few codes that I think are a result of the on-board charger not completing a charge. I received a red 'recall' notice from Nissan a while ago (not an actual recall, but same look to it) that states my Leaf needs to have a software upgrade to fix a bug where the charger shuts down on a false high-temp condition that does not actually exist. The codes on my Leaf Spy Pro are the following (which may not have anything to do with the notice from Nissan):

P000 009E
B1FF0 0000 BCM
P0000 00A0 BCM
B22F0 0000 BCM
>P0000 0099 BCM
B1BF0 0000 BCM
>P0000 009D BCM
B1FF0 0000 BCM
P0000 00A2 BCM
B24F0 0000 BCM
>P0000 0099 BCM
B1AF0 0000 BCM

Anyone have any idea what these codes represent? Thank you in advance. I will let you know what the dealer finds.

Tuna55 said:
derkraut said:
Tuna55 said:

Can you give some more details on this recall so I can use it next time I speak with the dealer?

There is another Nissan dealer within striking distance, but quite a bit farther away than this one. It is the one I leased the Leaf at and they seemed better. Perhaps next time it will be worth the extra drive.

Here is a forum thread on this:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I got this by putting P3259 in the forum search box, you get to search by clicking on "search" at the top of any forum page)

stjohnh said:
(I got this by putting P3259 in the forum search box, you get to search by clicking on "search" at the top of any forum page)

Was that backhanded?

You mentioned a recall and didn't give an identifier. I understand what P3259 did, and I did search on it, but I do not know if it is the same recall you were mentioning earlier.

Tuna55 said:
stjohnh said:

Was that backhanded?

You mentioned a recall and didn't give an identifier. I understand what P3259 did, and I did search on it, but I do not know if it is the same recall you were mentioning earlier.

No. I saw you only had 18 posts. New users frequently don't know there is a search function or don't know how to use it.

stjohnh said:
Tuna55 said:
stjohnh said:

Was that backhanded?

No. I saw you only had 18 posts. New users frequently don't know there is a search function or don't know how to use it.

Fair enough, no harm done. So... is that the recall you mentioned?

If I got a bunch of codes on our LEAF, the first thing I would do would be to check the voltage of the 12V battery (with the car off and the doors closed for about one hour). Anything much below 12V would make me want to either charge it or replace it.

Back