Where can i post and find info on salvage yards for the leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheelspin

So, the plot thickens. The insurance company has approved the $17k estimate for the leaf and estimates the value of the car is $28 which is the price of a new 2012 leaf not a 2011 with 10k miles on it. The first place the car was taken to by the tow truck driver was a Apple repair shop here in town. They are charging us $670 for towing and storage (4 days and 20 miles)! That would be coming out of the our pocket in the end. I think that is absolutely theft! Does the tow truck driver have a Ph.D in tow truckery and did the leaf get massages while sitting there in that huge lot? Regardless, the classified section on this forum does not allow me to post anything. Please let me know if any of you have advice of where to sell this car and for how much, I was thinking the car would be worth $6500 as it sits. We are looking forward in purchasing a 2013 Leaf.

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

If the insurance company is going to fix the car, then why are you trying to sell it as is? Seems to me the best route would be to have it repaired and keep the car. Second would be to have it repaired and then sell it.

And third is keep the car, keep $17k from insurance, and sell the car to me (as is) for extra money that should equal close to what he could have sold it for.

Then buy a new car.

Good luck selling a used LEAF in a market that is currently not getting tons of good press about the LEAF, and have a major crash to advertise with it.

I have a friend that did something similar with a Toyota Corolla. It had 100,000 miles on it and the amount of money it cost to fix it was about what they thought it was worth. They put an ad on Craigslist and sold it a week later, took that money and the insurance money and bought a Prius. However, the Corolla was not in as bad shape as your LEAF (I think it was drive-able).

Your options are:
-Pay $15 and be a "premium" member of this forum and post it in Classifieds
-Post it on Craigslist (I would think about posting it in California because this is more interest out this way)
-Post it on Ebay

Contact the guys at http://autobeyours.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - they specialize in repairing hybrids and recently picked up a few LEAFs. They may also be interested in yours.

Hey WheelSpin: Do you still have the totaled Leaf? If the price is right, I'd be interested in it solely for parts. I live in AZ., so I couldn't offer you much with the cross-country transportation costs. Please let me know either way. I'll rarely check this forum, but you can email me at: [email protected] Thanks!

Back