New Morpace survey solicitation that pays $20 in the mail

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volusiano

I got a solicitation from Morpace in the mail today for an online survey with a promise of a $20 check from them in the mail if I complete the survey. They have a unique ID/password for me to login.

I completed their survey. The most interesting part was the 12 scenarios of 4 different types of BEV or PHEV in each scenario, asking you which one you would select (or none) based on price, electric only range, car size, annual cost of operation, and mpg rating. I thought that it was an interesting way to gauge which of those criteria is important to you.

Any comment from those who also received and filled out the survey?

It sounds very much like the survey that preceded a focus group that I did a couple of months ago for the same group.

Volusiano said:
I got a solicitation from Morpace in the mail today for an online survey with a promise of a $20 check from them in the mail if I complete the survey. They have a unique ID/password for me to login.
I completed their survey. The most interesting part was the 12 scenarios of 4 different types of BEV or PHEV in each scenario, asking you which one you would select (or none) based on price, electric only range, car size, annual cost of operation, and mpg rating. I thought that it was an interesting way to gauge which of those criteria is important to you.

TomT said:
It sounds very much like the survey that preceded a focus group that I did a couple of months ago for the same group.
Except that, didn't you guys get a couple of hundred dollars to do the focus group or something? I'm jealous. But actually it didn't take me too long to do, and I didn't have to drive anywhere. I'm sure they had a lot more questions in the focus group than on this survey.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it was something like $300 for both...

Volusiano said:
TomT said:
Except that, didn't you guys get a couple of hundred dollars to do the focus group or something? I'm jealous. But actually it didn't take me too long to do, and I didn't have to drive anywhere. I'm sure they had a lot more questions in the focus group than on this survey.

Volusiano said:

Did you happen to read the fine print at the survey site? The letter says one thing, but the site says "Unfortunately, not everyone will qualify and we thank you in advance for your participation." That means to me that you may NOT receive $20.

Based on some of the early questions on the survey, I'd assume that they disqualify people that have limited knowledge of the differences between certain car technologies (e.g. Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid vs battery electric). A lot of the later questions have you make choices by comparing between multiple types of these vehicles. Guess they figure that those who don't know the differences will be unable to give them reliable survey answers, therefore they probably stop them from completing the survey and receiving the $20. In any case, I just took it and supposedly will have a check in a few weeks.

I got the letter in the mail today, waited to start the survey until after the trick-or-treating was over and got a message saying that their quota is full.

Oh well, $20 is the smallest piece of "cheese" I've seen offered in a while.

I'm going to be surprised if anyone gets their $20 because I sent an email to their help email address that was on the survey page, and it came back undeliverable because it said that email addy didn't exist! I'm thinking it could be a scam. Maybe it was someone pretending to be Morpace. Has anyone ever heard of Morpace? It just doesn't make sense that they would put a 'help' email address that doesn't even exist.

Boomer said:
I got the letter in the mail today, waited to start the survey until after the trick-or-treating was over and got a message saying that their quota is full.
Me too. I wrote them that they "should not send so many letters soliciting surveys that are already full when the letter arrives. It will just result in your letters being tossed into the trash unread."

LEAFfan said:
I'm going to be surprised if anyone gets their $20 because I sent an email to their help email address that was on the survey page, and it came back undeliverable because it said that email addy didn't exist! I'm thinking it could be a scam. Maybe it was someone pretending to be Morpace. Has anyone ever heard of Morpace? It just doesn't make sense that they would put a 'help' email address that doesn't even exist.
But of course they tossed my suggestion into the etrash unread instead :) Whoever Morpace is, it seems that they put as much "care" into preparing their back-end IT as they put into selecting their population sample. If they put equal "care" into their survey design and analysis I can't imagine who would want to pay them over $20 per data point for their results.

Im glad I read this thread..I also recieved the letter and put it in my do later pile ..It will now head to the recycle bin and maybe become Presidental stationary :)

Hm, I agree that it could be a scam. But in reading through their questionnaire, I gotta admit it seems like the most well through out questionnaire I've seen in a long time. Not sure what else they could be scamming from you other than your time for the promise of $20.

Knowing after the fact the kind of (good) questions they ask, I might have been interested in spending the time answering them anyway, even without the promise of money. It didn't take me that long to finish it anyway.

However, had I known now that they promised $20 but don't even have a good reply email address, I wouldn't have wanted to waste my time with them to begin with, just on the principle that they may be lying about the money offering.

Oh, you guys....you should know better than to wait by now. :lol: I didn't get my letter until yesterday afternoon, but I sat down right away and did the survey. Cha-ching....a small piece of cheese on the way! :D

Morpace is a very reputable company. But I must admit that this is the first time I've done anything like this for them - they usually bring people into an office even to take computer based surveys like this, with a much better honorarium. But I guess we'll see. At least they didn't ask for my DOB or SSN! ;)

My letter arrived yesterday. :( The only paid survey I have even a small chance at and it's full before I get invited. I'm really feeling slighted here in the NorthWest.

mwalsh said:
Morpace is a very reputable company.

If they're such a reputable company, then please tell me why their email address isn't even a legitimate email addy? My server said it didn't exist! That doesn't sound like a reputable company to me.

LEAFfan said:
mwalsh said:
Morpace is a very reputable company.

If they're such a reputable company, then please tell me why their email address isn't even a legitimate email addy? My server said it didn't exist! That doesn't sound like a reputable company to me.
so far no check. but it is only a week.

I hope everyone gets their check, but I just thought it strange that their 'contact us' for help email isn't even legit. I can't even let them know that it doesn't work! IF they are a legitimate company, then someone slipped up with the email addy.

Back