Has anyone gotten the rear bumper protector?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It and the protection package, I feel, are a complete joke. The front portion of the "protection package" only covers around the charge port door area, like we are that clumsy with charge connectors? When it was originally stated in the RAQ screen it was a "clear film that protects the front and rear bumber". The front one does not cover the front fully and the rear one is not clear. It also does not cover the edge of the bumper where something will hit first if you are too low lifting it into the cargo area. I do not see what it truly is protecting. I removed that joke of a front piece along with the rear one and had a full clear bra on the nose along with clear bra material on the rear bumper area that wraps around that corner, truly protecting that area; which is what I thought I was ordering to start with. I have discussed this several times with Nissan corporate with no avail; I wasted $225 plus tax. I did discover that the rear piece is a dirt trap area and it was rather dirty under it after being on the car for only a week.

I'm leaning towards sticking with my floor mats and adding the kickplates... but that's about it.

I still can't believe my car is finally on the way to the dealer.

cdub said:
I'm leaning towards sticking with my floor mats and adding the kickplates... but that's about it.

I still can't believe my car is finally on the way to the dealer.

Congrats on your car finally making its way to your dealer!

From the ones I have seen the kickplates add no more protection than the stock ones already on the car... they are just a visual thing with that holographic sticker.

I chipped the paint off the rear bumper while I was careless in loading a 60 lbs cardboard box. As the box wasn't all that heavy, it does point to the fact that the bumper is rather prone to chipping.

At the same time, the rear bumper protector wouldn't have prevented the chipping because it doesn't cover the edge, as mentioned earlier.

I guess I can only expect my car to be scratch and dent free for so long... but anyways, I don't have it and I don't think it's worth it. Spending a few bucks on touch up paint instead.

Ibought one aftermarket from eBay for $28.

Here's a link to a Nissan dealer selling on eBay for $24.50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine-Nissan-Leaf-2011-Rear-Bumper-Protector-NEW-OEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2560c75723QQitemZ160537466659QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I think it was worth it, and you can install it as far forward or as far back towards the edge of the bumper as you like...

I got the rear protector only. What has already been said is accurate though having some protection on the bumper is better than nothing. I am not sure that the protector could be mounted farther towards the edge as there is a slight crease in the bumper. It would depend on the flexibility of the protector and strength of its adhesive.

cdub- I live very close to you. Send a PM if you want to see the protector.

I added the rear bumper protector. I haul around electronic equipment and packages related to my work with the car. There is no doubt it has already saved a number of scratches in the bumper even though it doesn't go all the way out the edge.

Back