Nissan "Special Offer Just for You" email

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

I got this email today from Nissan. Due to reasons explained below, I accidentally had two LEAF orders on Nissan's computer. The email I received today was confirming the cancellation of my duplicate order and to tell me they were sorry that I had decided to cancel my order. (Short heart attack as I checked my LEAF dashboard and saw that my actual LEAF order for March delivery is still active!) The email also told me that as a LEAF customer, I am eligible to buy a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle at the same price that Nissan employees pay.

I'm familiar with this program, called VPP, from previous forum membership when I owned an Infiniti. I think that the program discounts any Nissan or Infiniti vehicle by several thousand dollars. It is available only to Nissan employees and employees of affiliated or partner companies.

The email provides a link to an online form that I would fill out to participate in the program. The access to the program is non-transferable, but there was no expiration date stated.

I assume that anyone who has a LEAF reservation and who cancels it will get this offer.
[Interesting portion ends]

Here are the boring details about why I had a duplicate LEAF order, in case anyone cares.

When I first reserved my LEAF on 4/20, I got caught in the website's problem with being able to accept AMEX cards. By the time I tried a different card, I had tried too many times and my account locked. After speaking at length with Nissan CS, a supervisor decided to walk me through setting up a new reservation and said that they would cancel the first one, with no downside for my order sequence.

Later, Nissan called because they "noticed" that I had two LEAF reservations. I told them to cancel one of them. As I recall, I got a refund of my duplicate $99 reservation fee. Later still, I got two emails regarding my future order month, one said September and the other said November. I called again and told them to cancel the account with the November order.

This week, my Nissan dealer mentioned that he saw that I have two LEAF orders in his system. I told him the above story. Today, Nissan apparently finally canceled the second account, which triggered the email.

EVDRIVER said:
What type of discount does that end up being? About?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's several thousand dollars. Probably it's the invoice amount plus a small amount, or even right at invoice. I don't recall for sure what I read 5 years ago on a different forum, but it was a highly sought-after program, especially for cars that dealers were normally marking up above MSRP due to high demand.

Boomer23 said:
EVDRIVER said:

I don't know for sure, but I think it's several thousand dollars. Probably it's the invoice amount plus a small amount, or even right at invoice. I don't recall for sure what I read 5 years ago on a different forum, but it was a highly sought-after program, especially for cars that dealers were normally marking up above MSRP due to high demand.

Well that could be a good deal for some instead of orphaning, I won't mention any names though:) I did like the Rouge and a discount would be great, too bad I have an ICE already.

EVDRIVER said:
Search for VPP. I had some links. Different models get different discounts. It is about Invoice-500 for most models, IIRC. So we are quite close for Leaf !

evnow said:
EVDRIVER said:
Search for VPP. I had some links. Different models get different discounts. It is about Invoice-500 for most models, IIRC. So we are quite close for Leaf !

Nice!

I also had to cancel a "second" Reservation (January RAQ Month), but I did not see any email mentioning the Nissan VPP. I will have to look again.

Apparently your Credit Card's billing address has to match your car-location (DMV Registration) address.

Yes, I did get the email with a "VPP Offer".

Non-transferable, as I recall.
The fine print says it expires 31 March, and
not good for a LEAF, J... (list of other popular models).

I guess Rairdon gave me close to the same deal then "invoice -$100- $450 free shipping.
:ugeek:

edited. I know the $450 was not off invoice so save yourself the carpel tunnel issue.

garygid said:
Yes, I did get the email with a "VPP Offer".

Non-transferable, as I recall.
The fine print says it expires 31 March, and
not good for a LEAF, J... (list of other popular models).

Oh no Gary, that will be two Leafs and one potential ICE that will not be purchased. If the discount is transferable I would be glad to take it off your hands:)

I'm embarrassed to say that an Infiniti VPP offer is pretty enticing bait.

They have some awesome hybrids coming out next year.. it would probably get here before my Pending Leaf.
Mmmmm..

Here is the find print. Gary is right, there is a March 31 expiration date.

*Available only to Nissan LEAF™ reservation holders. Non-transferable. One per reservation holder. Excludes Nissan LEAF, GT-R, Juke, Versa 1.6L and Infiniti MY11 QX56. Must take from dealer stock of new Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. Offer expires March 31, 2011. See insidenissan.com for details.

Back