Back to looking at a 2014. More questions.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

HI Folks.

So we are looking at another 2014 SV. This does not have the quick charge port but for what we need it for for the next 4 to 5 years that is not a big issue. So here goes. By the way, the salesman is knowledgeable, helpful and transparent with all info.

1. It went into service May 2014 so it is pre lizard. Any thing peculiar about that time frame?
2. It was bought in Roswell Georgia. How hot is it there...you know, in comparison to Phoenix, Palm SPrings, as far as affect on battery degradation.
3. Battery has apparently been tested and shows excellent health.
4. About 14000 miles
5. Car has been imported to Canada by a nissan dealer and is all compliant. Good dealer too.
6. What were the various warranties for that year.
7. Anything you can tell from this.

580a95f7145c366a3b66f3e5.jpg

Thanks all.

3. Battery has apparently been tested and shows excellent health.

This, presumably, is the virtually worthless annual dealership-administered battery check. It tells us nothing of importance, and is no substitute for Leafspy.

The high energy economy reading probably means that the car was only driven in the parking lot since it was last reset. Speaking of which, there is always the possibility that it has lost one or even two bars, and the BMS has been reset to hide this.

The BMS reset isn't common overall, but I think that a significant number of cars from hot climates have been reset before auction. That's why LeafSpy is so important. Even with that, you have to look carefully, for a mismatch between amp-hours and "health" which indirectly measures capacity loss. Getting another screen shot with a full charge would be limited to allowing rough guesses based on estimated range and energy economy. As for how hot that part of Georgia is, I don't know, but others probably will.

My concern would be with the warranty and service of the car. If a US made car is taken to Canada, are the original US warranties honored by Canadian dealers? Can warranty work be done by the Canadian dealer, or does it have to be taken back to a US dealer?

Back