Leaf has horrible build quality!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This doesn't seem to be a very common issue (based on reports here anyway), so it sounds like you got a bad one...
Most people around here seem to be fairly satisfied with the build quality of the Leaf (with the exception of the heat/battery issues that caused so much fervor..)

Not saying people think the Leaf is the best built car around, but we haven't heard a lot of all around build quality issues.

Good luck,

desiv

Hello,
That hissing noise when turning off the AC means 2 things.
1. There has to refrigerant in the system.
2. The hissing sound after you turn if off is the pressure equalizing through the orifice in the liquid line.

General overview:
If you are not getting cold air, first run the system and put your hand on the accumulator an see if it is cold. If not, put your hand on the liquid line where it enters the evaporator (if possible). If the liquid line gets cold and the accumulator is not then the system is low on refrigerant. When the system cycles or you cycle it manually, you should be able to feel the cold liquid in the accumulator. If you can feel it in the suction line to the compressor then the system is overcharged. Make sure the fan is running and the condenser is not clogged. The pressure line to the condenser can get very hot.
If the system feels normal for refrigerant then the lack of cold air is in the air control of the HVAC system.

Don

30 months,27k miles NOT a single failure.That is my leaf experience, so far.This car is bullet proof in my opinion .OOoo did I mention ?the A/C is the best of any car I've EVER had. My 2 cents .

I had an argument one time with a guy who was telling me that freon is like the "fuel" in the air conditioner. When it runs out you need to put more in.
I've had cars go over 15 years without touching the refrigeration parts on the AC. The idea that an air conditioner just needs to be recharged is silly. If the refrigerant is low it's because it leaked out, and the leak should be fixed.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I had an argument one time with a guy who was telling me that freon is like the "fuel" in the air conditioner. When it runs out you need to put more in.
I've had cars go over 15 years without touching the refrigeration parts on the AC. The idea that an air conditioner just needs to be recharged is silly. If the refrigerant is low it's because it leaked out, and the leak should be fixed.
NTB14-045a as written in the Coolant leak thread.

Back