weird quick charging anomaly

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

Yesterday I charged my car on a DCQC and while it was charging, I turned the power on so I could have some heat. Everything worked, the only warning lights on were the seat belt and the PS (normal). Once the charge level increased to 90 percent (no one was waiting), at the same time I lost my biggest regen bubble, the 12V battery not charging warning light came on. I could have sworn it wasn't on to begin with. I know it's on when you turn power on with it NOT plugged in, but I think it behaves differently with it plugged in, for instance, the heat works... No problems. I needed to go anyway, so I unplugged, powered on, and drove off into the sunset. Glad I charged to 90 percent, because I only had 13 when I got home.

I solved my own problem. The aerovironment public chargers shut off sometimes. The screen says charge complete. I never saw that. But this time I duplicated it. The 12v battery charging warning light goes off when you power up the car (double push) as long as the charger is charging. As soon as it kicks off, the 12v battery quits charging the battery charge warning light comes on, and the instrument panel looks the same as if you double pushed the power button with the car not plugged in.

Back