Nissan uses wrong photo for the new battery warranty intro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewill

4e5e0a2665ee2130f9d3857f59adb473.jpg

Introducing an Enhancement to the LEAF Battery Warranty

In addition to the 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on the lithium-ion battery, which covers defects in materials or workmanship, Nissan is now the only automobile manufacturer to provide a warranty against battery capacity loss. This new addition to the lithium-ion battery warranty for your LEAF® ensures protection against capacity loss below nine bars—as displayed on the battery capacity level gauge—for a period of five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Nissan will be providing additional information shortly with details on this significant addition to your vehicle’s battery warranty.

For more information about your LEAF’s battery warranty, please contact your dealership.

http://m.nissanyourservice.net/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=6etF8QZmPnIBfnVo8C78nw==
Fresh from my inbox, my new "Nissan LEAF™ Owner March Newsletter" has the announcement of the new battery warranty. And what do they do? Show the battery temperature gauge—while discussing the battery capacity level gauge! :roll: Come on, Nissan! Let's get it together. You guys know better than this.

Fast! lets go get new batteries! mine shows only 5 bars now! :)

davewill said:
4e5e0a2665ee2130f9d3857f59adb473.jpg

Introducing an Enhancement to the LEAF Battery Warranty

In addition to the 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on the lithium-ion battery, which covers defects in materials or workmanship, Nissan is now the only automobile manufacturer to provide a warranty against battery capacity loss. This new addition to the lithium-ion battery warranty for your LEAF® ensures protection against capacity loss below nine bars—as displayed on the battery capacity level gauge—for a period of five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Nissan will be providing additional information shortly with details on this significant addition to your vehicle’s battery warranty.

For more information about your LEAF’s battery warranty, please contact your dealership.

http://m.nissanyourservice.net/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=6etF8QZmPnIBfnVo8C78nw==
Fresh from my inbox, my new "Nissan LEAF™ Owner March Newsletter" has the announcement of the new battery warranty. And what do they do? Show the battery temperature gauge—while discussing the battery capacity level gauge! :roll: Come on, Nissan! Let's get it together. You guys know better than this.

We should call this the "Arizona Warranty Amendment" or similar.

5 years/60k and 9 bars? I'd love a warranty for 9 bars at 100k - there is a tiny chance I might hit that living in a cool location in Colorado (no, not Denver - Colorado and Denver are NOT synonymous) - but never at 60k.

I noticed that too but I didn't have time to post a thread about Nissan's inability to train any employees about the leaf. Fill out the leaf survey and you could win free gas cards also. Heh

The saddest part is that someone who didn't realize what was wrong would be thinking, "Wow! that car's battery is REALLY bad. It only has SEVEN bars and the warranty is for nine!"

batteryproblemmnl
gaswalla said:
they know it's all related to the battery temperature, hence the photo
Perhaps, but I think you are underestimating who you might be dealing with on the other side of the fence. I think this also explains, why it was so hard to get the message across last summer. Battery degradation because of high ambient heat? Never heard of it! And then there were the dissenting voices in our own ranks, of course, that wanted to see the issue buried and swept under the proverbial rug.

14xamM0

Well, I am now at ten bars so it will be a race to see if I make it to less than 9 by the end of my lease in two years...

davewill said:
This new addition to the lithium-ion battery warranty for your LEAF® ensures protection against capacity loss below nine bars—as displayed on the battery capacity level gauge—for a period of five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

I posted a thread about this new Nissan battery capacity warranty and Nissan's claim to be the ONLY auto mfg with such a warranty so far at the GM-Volt forum.

Many posters over there adamantly said that GM's warranty already covers 70% battery capacity for 8 years/100K miles. They clarify that this is not just covering power output, but includes capacity warranty. They're saying that Nissan is lying about being the only one to cover capacity warranty so far.

When I asked them for the verbage of the warranty, they gave me the following LINK (make sure to click on Volt/Hybrid Warranty):

Propulsion Battery Warranty Policy

Like all batteries, the amount of energy that the high-voltage “propulsion” battery can store will decrease with time and miles driven. Depending on use, the battery may degrade as little as 10 percent to as much as 30 percent of capacity over the warranty period. A dealer service technician will determine if the battery energy capacity (kWh storage) is within the proper limit, given the age and mileage of the vehicle. Your Volt battery warranty replacement may not return your vehicle to “as-new” condition, but it will make your Volt fully operational appropriate to its age and mileage.

davewill said:
The saddest part is that someone who didn't realize what was wrong would be thinking,

I think the point is that they were NOT thinking.

There's no point in asking
You'll get no reply
Oh just remember a don't decide
I got no reason it's all too much
You'll always find us out to lunch

Oh we're so pretty
Oh so pretty we're vacant
Oh we're so pretty
Oh so pretty
A vacant

Don't ask us to attend
'cos we're not all there