Would You Like Nissan To Improve These 5 Things in Your LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

armmynissanleaf

What improvements would you like Nissan to make to #LEAF? See what NJ former EV association's head proposes. What would you like to see changed?

[REMOVED]

About the only one on that list that bothers me is the headrests. And, I think that is mandated by the DOT, who apparently think the best driving position is with your chin on your chest. As for the Ecopias, their problems are largely due to chronic under-inflation, imho. The fault lies more with Nissan than Bridgestone on that score.

When you have a non-apple device plugged into the USB port, not only does streaming audio not work, but the display shows an error that makes you feel like you're living in 2002. Even if you turn the display off it turns itself back on whenever your phone lights up. I was plugging my phone in for charging, so this was a constant issue. Just last week it got annoying enough that I switched over to the 12v power outlet with an adapter.

Also, the "ipod" button in my 2015 S.

If those are his top five, he hasn't been paying much attention to the Leaf or EVs in general...

armmynissanleaf said:
What improvements would you like Nissan to make to #LEAF? See what NJ former EV association's head proposes. What would you like to see changed?

I don't have an issue with the 12-volt power socket and USB plug locations in either the 2011 or 2015 SL. Bluetooth connectivity worked well on my 2011 and has been fine so far with my 2015 and my BlackBerry. I have never driven an S so I cannot comment on the plastic seat trim issue. Head restraints are too far forward, but not as bad as some other late-model vehicles I have driven. It seems like all manufacturers are designing seats to support the driver's head while reclined at the expense of comfort and being able to look down the road when sitting upright. I tolerate it with the Leaf to drive electric, but will keep my 2004 SUV for long trips (comfortable leather seats and no electronic traction/stability control nanny).

Gerry

TomT said:
If those are his top five, he hasn't been paying much attention to the Leaf or EVs in general...

armmynissanleaf said:
Agreed, even if more range isn't allowed as a choice.

Not a single one of his issues are a concern for me.

<rant> Of course, he starts out on the wrong foot by talking on his cell phone while driving. The last thing Nissan should do is encourage MORE distracted driving. People need to hang up and drive. </rant>

Personally, I wish the car rode lower. I wish it wasn't so cavernous inside, too. All that useless headroom just makes for more wind resistance.

I wish the car wasn't so weird looking. I'm fine with it standing out from the crowd, but it does so for all the wrong reasons.

I wish that Nissan (and others) would decouple the ECO driving from the ECO climate controls. I want to be able to turn down the climate control without remapping my accelerator to the point that it feels like I'm "driving through mud" as my wife puts it.

And of course improvements to the EV drivetrain / battery have been beaten to death, so I won't even go there.

It's just Armen pimping his click-bait links again, just like he does all over the EV groups on Facebook...You'll notice he never has any opinions about the various questions he asks. Not even sure what (if any) EV he owns or drives...It's all about driving traffic to the site....

We expect to buy a 2013 soon, and keep it until the next-gen comes out. (we usually keep cars 10-15 years). I'm not concerned with the range, but would like a battery that lasts longer. And if the next model doesn't come with a safety pack, like adaptive radar and lane-change monitors - I'll buy a Prius. They have had these things for at least 4 years.
I'm in my mid 60's. I'm getting older, and traffic is becoming more of a jungle. With these driving aids, I suspect it will help me to drive for more years. Until that self-driving car comes my way! (16yo me hates hearing me say that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back