EVSEupgrade shout out (unsolicited)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmanco

Just a shout out to the folks at EVSEupgrade. (evseupgrade.com)

First off - I think it rocks that their units are configurable to make the draw what you want based on what your circuit is truly designed for.

Secondly, I had an issue with shipping and they really came through and "did the right thing" and I'm glad to see in this day and age there are still companies out there that work with their customers to resolve issues.

-Andrew

+1, I really like my EVSEupgraded EVSE. Even though I have another larger more powerful EVSE I use my upgraded EVSE almost exclusively since it's so portable and light.
It was nice having my other EVSE to use while I mailed my OEM unit to be upgraded but even though I told EVSEupgrade I wasn't in a hurry to get mine back, the whole process took less than 1 week, and I live half the country away from CA. Also note I've never had my upgraded EVSE fail to charge, it's been 100% reliable!
My one and only complaint is my vehicle is capable of charging up to and more than 20a @ 120v and while my upgraded EVSE can charge 20a@240v it only charges at 16?a @120v. In this case at a friends cabin that only has 120v but @30a(TT-30 outlet) I bring my larger heavier EVSE and charge at a higher rate than my upgraded EVSE can charge at.
I'd suggest upgrading the OEM to anyone wanting maximum portability, ability to change charging currents and L2 charging :)

Back