Take That BMW VW: 1000 new Quick Chargers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmac

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/business/nissan-plans-1000-new-stations-to-quickly-charge-electric-cars.html?hpw&rref=automobiles&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow when and where we all want to know...........

The fact that many of them will be run by third party networks like NRG eVgo will be great (mentioned at the bottom of the article), because there won't be the problems with dealers running them where they are abused because they are free, dealers chase off non-LEAFs or even people who didn't buy their LEAF there, and dealers that don't maintain the stations. The more cars that can use well placed well maintained stations, the more likely it is that companies like NRG eVgo will survive.

Pushing electrons would be much easier if we mandated multi standard pumps. Tesla will probably be the first where the car can handle different charging stations with an adapter.

Here is a picture of the Quick Charge Station that Nissan supplied to Salt Lake City. It was installed last May, worked for a couple of weeks, by June it was broken and remained that way all summer. The ABB garbage equipment was removed about a month ago. ABB agreed to replace the machine. Someday it might happen.

This is how it looks today (same as a month ago)
IMG_0008.jpg

CmdrThor said:
The fact that many of them will be run by third party networks like NRG eVgo will be great (mentioned at the bottom of the article), because there won't be the problems with dealers running them where they are abused because they are free, dealers chase off non-LEAFs or even people who didn't buy their LEAF there, and dealers that don't maintain the stations. The more cars that can use well placed well maintained stations, the more likely it is that companies like NRG eVgo will survive.

Yes. I don't care about the fact that the Superchargers are free. I care that they are reliable. If Nissan can produce a long-range EV and have a reliable high speed charging network as a paid service, I'd be fine with that. Though they will need to make sure to keep the power up. At 5 bucks to start + $0.20/min, using NRG in GA would be $17/hr. I think the plan-free charging has to be competitive with price at the pump. The monthly plans had better be able to beat gas prices.

Back