JuiceBox plug gone bad?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aflat

I've been using my JuiceBox for less then 2 months. Now when I go to plug it in to my 2015 Leaf, the 3 lights all light up, and it beeps 3 times quick, over and over for about 30 seconds. According to the manual, this means the connection between the car and the charger is bad. I plugged in my 110 charger, it works fine. I drove to a friends house, and tried it, it was fine, and a Chargepoint charger was fine, so I'm guessing it's the JuiceBox. If I wiggle the handle around a bit, sometimes my car can charge(iue no beeps) Has anyone seen this? Is it just the connection? I hear the relay click on when I unplug and plug the JuiceBox in, but not sure what else I can test. I've already contacted emotorwerks, but I was wondering if anyone else had anything I could try.

Without a load box that is about all you can test. You can make the unit think it is charging with a resistor in series with a diode on the pilot line. The diode bar goes to ground. Use an820 ohm resistor and a 1N4148 or 1N914 diode.

What version of JuiceBox do you have? If pre-V8.9, the GFCI test circuit was not as reliable as in later versions. This can be corrected via a calibration adjustment via an internal resistor pot inside the JuiceBox provided you have a precision DC multimeter to measure voltages accurately below 100mV.

I just bought it in Sept, pre-assembled. So still under warranty, just have to mail it back.

Back