ClipperCreek upgrades HCS-40 and CS-40 series EVSEs to 32A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via GCC:

"ClipperCreek upgrades HCS-40 and CS-40 series EV charging stations from 30A to 32A" continuous.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2014/09/20140911-cc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No change in price.

Hmm that seems rather silly. The only people who'd take advantage of that (like Rav4-EV drivers) would be more interested in a 40 amp EVSE anyway. If CC wanted to sell some units they'd come out with an HCS-50 that can operate at 40a continuous for about the same price as the HCS-40. And if they really wanted to sell some units they'd make it work on 120 and 240v and adjustable to charge on 15, 20, 30, or 40 amp as well as 50 amp circuits.

It would be interesting to see if they'll still be using the same 30 amp j-cord and cable on these units at 32 amps continuous. I thought a re-certification would be required if they changed the design at all (such as a 32 amp pilot signal)...

Randy said:
It would be interesting to see if they'll still be using the same 30 amp j-cord and cable on these units at 32 amps continuous. I thought a re-certification would be required if they changed the design at all (such as a 32 amp pilot signal)...

As you most likely know, The #10 cable is rated at 32A with a Dostar cable. ITT and Yazaki rate it at 30A. My old ARRL handbook rates it at 33A in bundled cable.

As practicable result try more current until it runs hotter than you are comfortable then back it off. Pchilds says he can charge at 40A with his repaired Blink cable.

Back