So, maybe we will have to use our Nissan L1 charging until this
EVSE comes out?
This is the first EVSE I have seen with these Universal Features:
1. Plug-In to "standard" sockets to use.
2. Universal, apparently can use both L1 and L2 voltages.
3. Field-Settable "max-current" (32A max, but how easily changed?
4. Small, so easy to transport (5" wide x 4" deep x 14" high)
5. Relatively light weight, 16 pounds including cord.
Hopefully it will live up to these descriptions, and still be affordable.
Or, other, similar but less expensive units will become available.
From their PDF file:
• Amperage. 32Amax (Field Adjustable)
• Voltage. 95 VAC – 264 VAC
• Frequency. 50/60 Hz
• Ground Fault Trip Level. 17.5 mA (20mA Max)
• Ground Assurance. 50K ohm Max
• Operating Temperature. 35°C to »66 °C
• Storage Temperature. -40 to +85 Desgrees C Storage
• Ground Fault Test. Automatic at start-up (Firmware controlled)
• Ground Fault Retry. 4 retries @15 min. intervals (per UL 2594/UL 2231)
• Master Clear. For System Reset (Overrides Ground Fault Retry)
• Power Indication. Green LED
• Charge Status Indicators . Amber (Ready), Green (Plugged In), Green Flash (Charging) , Red Flash (Fault State)
• Ingress Protection . NEMA 4X (IP 66) CCID entirely potted
• Sealing. Weather Tight I/O glands
• Smart Charging. Peripheral Control Expandable via Opto Coupled
UART Interface (for EMS, HAN, etc. controller)
• Service Wire Chamber. Inputs: left, right, top & back
• Field Wireable. Service Side to NEC 312.6 and NEC 314.16
• Plug and Play. Via NEMA Rated Power side Plug & Outlet
• Vehicle Cable/Coupler. Field Service Replaceable
• Firmware Upgrades. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Field Reprogrammed
• Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Field Accessible
• Mounting . Via Slide Mounting to wall bracket
• Assembly. UL, CE, CSA, ROHS, WEEE compliant
• Housing Material. ABS-FR (fire retardant)
• EVSE Size. 5”wide x 14”high x 4”deep
• EVSE Weight. CCID, Cable, Coupler ~ 16 lbs
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2010 Prius, 2014 silver Tesla S
Nissan EVSE, mod to 240/120v 16A
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle