Anaheim used dealer with lots of Leafs, low prices

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene

I just bought a used 2013 that is super clean condition. It is an S with Quick Charge and only 22,000 miles. Price was $7600 before tax. I bought this at Anaheim Preowned Cars. As a Tesla owner who despises the new/used dealer experience I found my experience there was decent. In particular, the fellow who was my salesman was incredibly knowledgeable about Leafs. His name is Josh Medina. He was a pleasure to work with. So these guys at Anaheim have about 50 Leaf's at anytime. Most are 2013, some are 2014. Also, they have about 50 Volts at any time.

One of the reasons I bought this Leaf is to loan it a few days at a time to friends and Turo,com so more folks can see the EV advantage for themselves. I'm trying this experiment after years of promoting EV's. My Model S is already 4 years old and 75,000 miles. There isn't a lot we can do to offset our new EPA chief so if I can help convert a few people away from oil, I'll feel like I'm doing something constructive.

Sounds like a great deal, I really like my '13 S also with the charge package, which on that model also included the backup camera not available on '13 S models without the charge package.
A year ago when I was looking for a second Leaf the '13's were still a bit new and closer to $10-12k and out of my interest so I ended up with a '12SL with all the goodies. In hindsight I wish I had waited until the '13's came down(off 3 year leases) as I really like my '13S over '12SL but it is what it is, IMO Nissan learned quite a bit from '12 to '13(3 model years from '11 intro).
In my area we have Wayzata Nissan, which I've been told(by them so take it for it is) that they are the "nations" largest used Leaf dealer. They do have a very large selection of used Leafs at any given time and said they buy almost all they see at auction. It's where I got my '12 and the experience was very good, not where I got my '13S(Walser Nissan in Burnsville MN) which was also a good experience but they don't sell many used Leafs, heck I don't think they sell many Leafs at all anymore nor when I got mine. Mine had been sitting for over a year unsold and I thought I got a very good deal at the time, $5k off sticker and with the $7500 rebate it came to a little over $20k. Still a big depreciation considering you got yours for $7600 but I've got some good use out of it and hope by purchasing it somewhat early I helped further EV production :)

I just purchased a Leaf from Anaheim Pre-Owned Cars yesterday and was very impressed by the overall experience. The cars are in great shape and the prices are very reasonable, although they were not interested in negotiating at all. Josh helped me through the entire process, and other than the car needing to be charged for the drive home, the process was quick and painless. If you are in SoCal I would highly recommend these guys if you are looking for a used Leaf.

WILK said:
I just purchased a Leaf from Anaheim Pre-Owned Cars yesterday and was very impressed by the overall experience. The cars are in great shape and the prices are very reasonable, although they were not interested in negotiating at all. Josh helped me through the entire process, and other than the car needing to be charged for the drive home, the process was quick and painless. If you are in SoCal I would highly recommend these guys if you are looking for a used Leaf.
I hope you said "Hi" to Josh from me, Gene. I was just looking at their website with a friend yesterday. They now have over 90 Leaf's! Prices seem to have come down a tad. I saw 12 bar 2013 Leafs around $6900.

Hi Gene, that's funny that you were just on their website as I was there! I got my 2013 S (12 bar) for about $6900, one thing I found is that none of the Leafs on the website under $7k were available for purchase, Josh said that the ones in that price range go really fast. They apparently had a busy day on Saturday so there were only two in that price range. It seemed like most of the ones on the lot were in the $7500-$8500 range.

Dang that is a ton of inventory, and great pricing. Do they have experience with LeafSpy so they can tell you some battery stats before taking the drive? Also curious if they are good about telling you manufacture date so you can find a 4/13 or later build.

I'm looking at a car on their site similar to the one I bought from an independent dealer (2013 S 22k miles, QC and 12 bars), and it's $1,000 less than I paid 4 months ago.

SurfHawk said:
Dang that is a ton of inventory, and great pricing. Do they have experience with LeafSpy so they can tell you some battery stats before taking the drive? Also curious if they are good about telling you manufacture date so you can find a 4/13 or later build.

I'm looking at a car on their site similar to the one I bought from an independent dealer (2013 S 22k miles, QC and 12 bars), and it's $1,000 less than I paid 4 months ago.
Anaheim prices are now $500 lower than they were in December for comparable cars. No, they did not have Leaf Spy available. They do sell the better deal cars really fast. When I was there in December to buy my Leaf there were a fair number being sold simultaneously. Anaheim also ships cars to other states. The guy named Josh, who was my salesman was very knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to speak to a salesman (outside of Tesla ) that actually understands and likes EV's.

LeftieBiker said:
It turns out that Carfax will give you the build date in their report, so maybe ask the dealers for that?
Most dealers, Anaheim included, supply the carfax on the car's website listing. In my case I was looking at build date as well as previous owner's location. The Leaf I bought was from San Francisco. Some of them come from Georgia.

It's funny that you guys mention Leafspy, as I brought my ODBII (is that what they are called) and Leafspy and showed Josh as I checked out the SOH and aHr. He was really interested in it (actually bought the app while we were together) and said something to the effect of that he's seen a lot of people use LeafSpy but very few customers could actually articulate what the app was telling them about the battery stats. He was going to get an ODBII and play around with it to further his knowledge. He is extremely knowledgeable about Leafs, they are very well versed in speaking to bars/features/concerns/etc and show you a copy of the CarFax and some other vehicle history report. My car was manufactured 6/13 so I dont have to worry about the March 2013 cutoff. Like I said before, take anything on the website with a grain of salt, as there is a good chance that car wont be available however they have so many that they will likely have something in your general range. Check out their Yelp reviews, I have never seen such high ratings for a third party used car lot.

Also - tell them from the beginning that you refuse to pay any LoJack fees, and that if they try to make you pay for LoJack you will walk. A tidbit I got from Yelp reviews that Josh and I agreed upon early.

I got one for my friend there. Good luck getting the cheap ones on the website. They sell very fast. If you want a cheap one I think your best going there and asking them what they have received and are prepping. They are very reasonable on price and selection that way.

Back