Eye for an Eye Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENEV

I just received the official $5000 lease payment discount in the mail for my 2012 LEAF.

After reading the fine print, I noticed the offer is only valid from May 1- June 30.

Well, I received the mailing on June 22. Thanks Nissan for giving me EIGHT days to make a decision.

For that,your wimpy $5000 discount, not offering a reduced monthly payment for extending the current lease, I will screw you and return my LEAF at the end of the lease. That way you can take the car to auction and end up eating your shorts.

GREENEV said:
I just received the official $5000 lease payment discount in the mail for my 2012 LEAF.

... I will screw you and return my LEAF at the end of the lease. That way you can take the car to auction and end up eating your shorts.
Other's have posted that NMAC probably insured the residual value of LEAFs prior to leasing, so no loss (for them) may be realized, however your lease is terminated.

LeftieBiker said:
I'd try following that car at auction. Maybe you can buy your car for $10k.
I'm vacillating on returning my car instead of extending the lease for a year and trying to buy my car back from some dealer. I doubt I can attend the auction.

It seems like the buy out discount is now $6500 for my '13 (on a 2 year lease) but it's still too expensive.

I knew about the $5K discount long ago, thanks to posts here and called NMAC long before they sent me any written notice, to confirm.

I'm not upset at Nissan over this. It is what it is. I'm sure lots of calculations and predictions went into the discounts they decided upon, for now.

They have to figure that some % of people will buy out their lease after the (not so great) discounts because:
- they don't keep up w/market prices
- their car has too much damage/wear and tear that they don't want to spend the $ to fix it all, before returning it
- they feel that the delta between the discounted price vs. used market price is worth it, since they know how they treated their car
- they had to because of the crap lease transfer policy
- they wanted to buy all along anyway due to their personal Federal tax situation
- some other reason

Back