Possible to buy a 2013 Leaf for less than 10k /w 36k miles?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

Hi Guys,

I want to buy a used 2013 leaf /w around 36k miles for less than 10k and wonder how possible this is? I will guess that it will have to be a model S since it is the most affordable model. Would I be able to find a price this low from a dealer or will I have to deal with private parties? Would you guys happen to know what is the lowest price for a good condition model S leaf? The I-MIeV are selling pretty cheaply. I have seen one for as low as 6k in CL, but the cargo capacity is lesser than the leaf. What are the chances it will have the 6.6k charger?

Also, out of all the electric cars out there (Aside from the teslas) is the leaf the one with the best cargo capacity?

NissanLeafCamper said:
The I-MIeV are selling pretty cheaply. I have seen one for as low as 6k in CL, but the cargo capacity is lesser than the leaf. What are the chances it will have the 6.6k charger?
IIRC, the i-Miev only has a 3.3 kW OBC and doesn't have 6+ kW OBC, even as an option. CHAdeMO inlet was optional but later became standard (http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/04/mitsubishi-i-miev-priced-ridiculously-low-22995/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
NissanLeafCamper said:
Also, out of all the electric cars out there (Aside from the teslas) is the leaf the one with the best cargo capacity?
Discontinued Rav4 EV is better but well outside your price range.

NissanLeafCamper said:
Hi Guys,

I want to buy a used 2013 leaf /w around 36k miles for less than 10k and wonder how possible this is? I will guess that it will have to be a model S since it is the most affordable model. Would I be able to find a price this low from a dealer or will I have to deal with private parties? Would you guys happen to know what is the lowest price for a good condition model S leaf? The I-MIeV are selling pretty cheaply. I have seen one for as low as 6k in CL, but the cargo capacity is lesser than the leaf. What are the chances it will have the 6.6k charger?

have you searched autotrader.com?

Used 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Mileage: 29,414
Price $9,985

Used 2013 Nissan Leaf S
Mileage: 26,903
Price $8,985

Plenty more listed around that price range if you look.

^^^
Wow! Too bad they're on the other side the country from myself and the OP.

I see what you're talking about via
Code:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/cars+under+10000/Nissan/Leaf/San+Jose+CA-95136?endYear=2014&makeCode1=NISSAN&maxPrice=10000&mmt=[NISSAN[LEAF[]][]]&modelCode1=LEAF&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=371560148&showcaseOwnerId=67019493&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2013&Log=0

Side note: I altered my search to limit it to $11K and one definitely has to be careful about the claimed trim level vs. actual.
Code:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=95136&endYear=2014&modelCode1=LEAF&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&showcaseOwnerId=67019493&startYear=2013&makeCode1=NISSAN&searchRadius=0&maxPrice=11000&showcaseListingId=371560148&mmt=[NISSAN[LEAF[]][]]&listingId=401265520&Log=0
for instance, claims SV but the pictures clearly show it's an S.

cwerdna said:
NissanLeafCamper said:
The I-MIeV are selling pretty cheaply. I have seen one for as low as 6k in CL, but the cargo capacity is lesser than the leaf. What are the chances it will have the 6.6k charger?
IIRC, the i-Miev only has a 3.3 kW OBC and doesn't have 6+ kW OBC, even as an option. CHAdeMO inlet was optional but later became standard (http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/04/mitsubishi-i-miev-priced-ridiculously-low-22995/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
NissanLeafCamper said:
Discontinued Rav4 EV is better but well outside your price range.

Hi guys,

I really wannted to get a Rav4 EV back when it came out but I could not afford it not get a loan for it. The )-MiEV does not have the 6.6 + k but is a cheaper option than the Leaf so that is why I was considering it. Not sure on it needed x2 times to charge though. I'm not exactly sure how it'll work out. I think it will gain around 4 miles per charge? I understand it depends on driving style, but I have a really light foot. I don't do a lot of FWY driving only once a day and the rest is city driving. Around 35-40 miles a day but summer is looking really slow so I am thinking 30-35 miles? It would be great to have a RAV4 EV.

dhanson865 said:
have you searched autotrader.com?

Used 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Mileage: 29,414
Price $9,985

Used 2013 Nissan Leaf S
Mileage: 26,903
Price $8,985

Plenty more listed around that price range if you look.

Sorry I forgot to mention but I am located in L.A. california. I went to cars.com and saw 2 for 10k then another for 11k+ and so on. The I-MiEV is about 7k though I saw one for 6k in craiglist a couple of months ago. Amazingly cheap! It just is shorter... but sites online says it has more cubic space cargo room.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Wow! Too bad they're on the other si

de the country from myself and the OP.

I see what you're talking about via
Code:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/cars+under+10000/Nissan/Leaf/San+Jose+CA-95136?endYear=2014&makeCode1=NISSAN&maxPrice=10000&mmt=[NISSAN[LEAF[]][]]&modelCode1=LEAF&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=371560148&showcaseOwnerId=67019493&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2013&Log=0

Side note: I altered my search to limit it to $11K and one definitely has to be careful about the claimed trim level vs. actual.
Code:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=95136&endYear=2014&modelCode1=LEAF&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&showcaseOwnerId=67019493&startYear=2013&makeCode1=NISSAN&searchRadius=0&maxPrice=11000&showcaseListingId=371560148&mmt=[NISSAN[LEAF[]][]]&listingId=401265520&Log=0
for instance, claims SV but the pictures clearly show it's an S.

Thank you for the heads up and the links. San Jose is kind of far for me I don't think I would be able to make the drive out there at all. What are your thoughts on the I-MiEV? seems to be pretty inexpensive but lacks a bit on the length yet is listed to have much more cargo room.

NissanLeafCamper said:
Hi Guys,

I want to buy a used 2013 leaf /w around 36k miles for less than 10k and wonder how possible this is? I will guess that it will have to be a model S since it is the most affordable model. Would I be able to find a price this low from a dealer or will I have to deal with private parties? Would you guys happen to know what is the lowest price for a good condition model S leaf?

I would think your parameters are not out of the question based on what I have seen here in NorCal. I see 2013 'S' models for $11.9k at dealerships with under 25k miles. Every month that goes by, getting into that $10k range becomes more likely.

This is my first post here as I do not yet own a Leaf. I have been wanting an EV ever since I first saw an EV1 and even closely followed the rise and demise of the greenvehciles 'triac' (RIP).
Last weekend I saw a used lot in Sacramento advertise a 2013 SV for $10.9k but when I went to check it out, it was gone (but surprise, there was a 2012 available). :roll:
I plan on purchasing a 2013 SL or SV (the 6.6kw is a must), with under 25k miles, in any color but red or blue, in the $10.9k range. I am going through a local broker who is charging me a flat fee to get the car I want and he feels confident it won't be a problem. If it does not work out, I will expand my search, and would prefer to purchase before August (but am ready to purchase today). Fortunately, I have time and economics on my side as used leafs are already an amazing value, and the price on 2013's are only moving in one direction.
I hope for good fortune for both of us.

Back