What the dealer Gets for the 5000 incentive

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

So, like a lot of people, are at the end of their lease.

With the 5000 discount, the car looks pretty attractive to buy, but being the cheap bastard that I am, I want to save move.

The dealership is trying to charge the $500 buy out fee (which was in the original deal) and then another $250 dealer fee.

I talked with Nissan finance, and they gave me the Bulletin number about the $5000. They also said that it has dealer incentives in closing the lease buyouts. Does anybody happen to know what the incentives are for the dealer? I can't negotiate the buy out price, but I can the fees themselves.

That's all I have, I have been trying to find out what the actual incentives are, but I can't find anything online.

I did find a dealership that wouldn't charge anything extra. So I now I really have to decide if I buy mine, or for a few bucks more a month, pick up an SV with 12,000 less miles. I'm thinking the SV.

arkansasleaf said:

Well, its pretty sad if that is true. Every dealer i went to just kept on trying to add on the charges, even when I told them I had a deal on a better car (same year, better model and milage). One went so far as to try and charge $800 in fees!

This article says dealer has $1,500 in the mix
http://ecomento.com/2015/05/26/nissan-leaf-lessees-eligible-for-5000-credit/

If you were Nissan, why wouldn't you give a voucher for a battery replacement with the 2017 battery that is driving used prices down in the first place? That way they get the full lease buyback price now, and deliver a battery later, which hopefully costs less than $5,000. Either way, them getting the cash now and trading in-kind at a later date sounds like better cash-flow and will help improve customer retention, and reduce the pool of original batteries out there.

I guess the jury is still out on whether there will be multiple battery options, and what, if any, price difference may come with the increased range. That unknown is part of what is driving price down as well.

I don't expect the 2017's battery to fit in a current model Leaf. If they really want to double the range, they either need to double the battery density, or increase its physical size. My guess is they'll do a little of both.

Really the best we can hope for is the rumored 30kWh battery from the 2016 Leaf. It seems like this battery is more dense, but in the same package (and hence could fit into an existing Leaf).

Back