1yr service reminder

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zootjeff

I have a 2 year lease. I went in for the 6mo service and it was painful with my screaming kids.. Now I'm getting the 1 year service reminder from the dealer.

What are people's opinion about this? There are threats about my warranty for this service. Is this reasonable? Does everyone else bring in their brand new car every 6 months on a car that doesn't have oil and averages 5000 miles a year? Is there penaltys written into the lease agreement for anyone who doesn't make the service trips?

Ummm... what was the 6 month service? At best I could imagine a tire rotation, but you say 5K miles/year so that would be about 12 months between...

What is the dealer wanting to charge you for on these services?

Check out your manual - there is very little to do (beyond inspect this and that).

Dudes! You know the 6 month service is to check...

...the contents of your wallet! ;)

But seriously, the only thing worth doing at 12 months is the annual battery check (complimentary). But I may not even choose to do that on a 2 year lease, unless I could think of some way NMAC might ding me for it on lease turn-in.

Back