Does the NMAC cash come direct after the sale?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

Regarding the following offer, does the $3500 NMAC Cash go straight from NMAC to the buyer outside of the deal at the dealer, ie after the fact? Or does the dealer work it into the paperwork?

Against my better judgement I'm thinking about this deal if the numbers work out, even though I live in a warm climate and am not convinced the lizard battery is a sure thing.

The 2015 Nissan LEAF®

0.0% APR for 72 Months
+ $3,500 NMAC Cash

2015 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $3,500 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers

Subject to residency restrictions. Customer may choose (a) special APR with NMAC cash, (b) standard APR through NMAC with NMAC cash. Financing is subject to NMAC Tier 1 through Tier 3 credit approval. $13.89 per month per $1,000 financed at 0.0% for 72 months, on all new above-noted vehicles in dealer stock. NMAC cash available when you finance through NMAC and is subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Offers end 12/01/2014.
$3,500 NMAC Cash available on 2015 LEAF . NMAC Cash valid 11/01/2014 through 12/01/2014. Available when you finance through NMAC. Subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Subject to residency restrictions.

So when that North Bay Nissan advertises 12% off MSRP, if someone were to take advantage of this $3500 NMAC cash, would the $3500 come off after the 12% discount?

LTLFTcomposite said:
So when that North Bay Nissan advertises 12% off MSRP, if someone were to take advantage of this $3500 NMAC cash, would the $3500 come off after the 12% discount?

Depends on the small print. I have seen both. Check carefully. Personally I always negotiate a cash out the door price first. Once I get to something I like, I talk of financing if needed. I did the same deal the op considers a few months back for a 2014 model. 0% financing and $3500 off is hard to beat.

eta: checked http://www.northbaynissan.com/leaf-pricing.htm and interestingly they don't clarify it but want you to call them. I thought that is illegal. Wonder how they get away with that.

I didn't read it closely enough, notice at the top it says:
0.0% APR for 72 Months
+ $3,500 NMAC Cash

I saw the plus sign and assumed that meant 0% AND $3500, but reading further it says "Customer may choose..." so I'm not sure what it means. Maybe I'll just tell them I'm choosing both :)

LTLFTcomposite said:
I didn't read it closely enough, notice at the top it says:
0.0% APR for 72 Months
+ $3,500 NMAC Cash

I saw the plus sign and assumed that meant 0% AND $3500, but reading further it says "Customer may choose..." so I'm not sure what it means. Maybe I'll just tell them I'm choosing both :)

you should be good. I remember we had the same discussion 6 months ago and 'my' fine print looked exactly like that. so it's not 0% OR 3500 cash, but 0% AND 3500 cash.

Salesman telling me that the 12% discount being offered by other dealers isn't real, that they are counting the $3500 in that.

Of course, you know how you can tell when a car salesman is lying...

I bought 2 Leafs this year, and both came with the $3500 AND 0% financing. Both dealers made me ask for the 0% financing. And both tried to get me into a ~5% loan and hoped I wouldn't notice. So ask for it and be firm.

The $3500 is deducted from the sale price of the car. So for my 2015 S w/QC the sale price was $28,400, they added the dealer fee, subtracted the $3500, and then added tax on that total. I financed the whole thing ($0 down) at 0% (72 months for the 2014 and 36 months for the 2015--both the max terms available at the time).

I believe from reading other posts the North Bay offer is 12% off the MSRP, and then the $3500 comes off of that. But you'd have to clarify that with them. You can get substantially below invoice if you try. Just email all the dealers in the area what their best out-the-door price is for the specific model and options you want, including the NMAC cash.

ill be happy to match the 12% off msrp and 0% before the nmac rebate at dublin nissan

Msrp 32230.00
12% discount 3867.60
discounted sales price 28362.40
-3500 nmac rebate
24862.40+tax and license
0% finanace

call 925-826-8688 to set a time
or email [email protected]

Ask for Leo Stefani

LTLFTcomposite said:
Thanks for the reply forummm. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the dealer fee?

Back