Great Nissan Dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauldesr

Recently I took my 2013 Leaf in for a firmware update. My Dealer, Automation Nissan in Irving, Texas, inspected the vehicle and noticed a leak in the air conditioning condenser that was causing water to enter the cabin. The moisture created mold in the carpet. They asked me to turn the car in for a couple of days. They gave me a new Nissan loaner in the meantime. While there, they replaced every inch of carpet in the car and completely detailed the car, in and out. My car was ready exactly when they said it would be. Kudos to Steve King, my service rep and this wonderful dealership.

This is a known issue that has plagued a number of cars that are made in Tenn... They seem to be incapable of connecting the drain hose at the factory there! What they did is SOP for repairing it...

pauldesr said:
Recently I took my 2013 Leaf in for a firmware update. My Dealer, Automation Nissan in Irving, Texas, inspected the vehicle and noticed a leak in the air conditioning condenser that was causing water to enter the cabin. The moisture created mold in the carpet. They asked me to turn the car in for a couple of days. They gave me a new Nissan loaner in the meantime. While there, they replaced every inch of carpet in the car and completely detailed the car, in and out. My car was ready exactly when they said it would be. Kudos to Steve King, my service rep and this wonderful dealership.

Not to belittle your response TomT, but the point is the OP had a great service experience in the Irving, TX dealership, which is not necessarily the case at many dealerships.

You rightly pointed out a glitch that has plagued the Leaf...or possibly only Leafs assembled in TN...but you only addressed the issue and not the service aspect of the post.

Back