this autotrader ad, I think these guys don't know the leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhanson865

So this autotrader ad shows two pictures that make me think these guys don't know what they are doing with a Nissan Leaf

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/images/2014/10/17/380/112/40969779677.380112675.IM1.21.565x421_A.565x377.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and 3 other pictures show that the SD card for NAV has been removed. They heavily mention navigation in the features even listing the paint color as navigation. Maybe they took the SD card in and locked it with the keys or maybe they don't know it's useless without it.

multiple pictures show the car at 11 miles remaining, then 10 miles remaining, all on 2 bars charge. Like is it that hard for a used car dealership to charge it up to half charge or so before taking pics? It's sitting in the hot sun on an open lot at a decreasing charge level. Will they run it to VLBW or worse?

edit: they have a red leaf on the lot with that either had the SD card in while the pictures were taken or they just didn't leave it on the warning message all the time.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
If you read through the carfax report, it says car lived in Texas and the battery was replaced in Atlanta! Good deal at $14k.

I'm not sure what car you were looking at, I checked the carfax on the blue one that currently has 1 bar loss and it doesn't mention battery replacement though it does mention being in TX. It'd be shocking if it lost 4 bars, then lost another on the 2nd battery in that short time.

edit: Oh, I see "Battery replaced", I'm assuming that was the 12v battery as the current pictures show bar(s) lost.

A lot of sub $15000 used car dealers won't replace little things like the SD card (or cracked/missing trims) until the car sells. If they end up selling it wholesale they don't want to invest more into the car. If someone comes who doesn't care and wants a cheaper price they can sell it as is but if they fix everything right off the bat they've got to factor that cost in to any sale.

Now the 2 battery bars, I'd hope they know better and that just happens to be what it was at after driving it back to their lot. Any idiot should know that if they want to let people test drive it they'll have to plug it in and no one would wait around for a car to charge just to test drive it.

maybe so but after reading about the cost, delay, hassle of replacing an SD card for Leaf NAV I'd be hesitant to even call them, it'd be so much easier to just take those pictures without the error showing (car off for that view). It's not like I'd suspect the MFD screen is damaged.

take a look at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where a dealer told someone it'd be $3000 to replace the nav unit because a simple SD card was missing

teveo said:
two dealers in NJ had no idea and were quoting complete navi units at $3100, even if i stated ONLY THE CARD please.

royroidx3 said:
My local dealer, Tim Dahle Nissan in Sandy, UT, insisted I had to replace the entire unit ($3,500) even after I showed them this message board and the special form they needed to place the order. My impression is that this dealership and others are not clueless, they just do not want to sell a $300-$400 part that require a few minutes of effort when they could sell a $3,500 part.

The prices vary depending on Nissan and the dealer, but at this time it is $299, the lowest price I found and includes the newest maps.

so call me silly but I'm not sure if I want to find out how much of a hassle it is to replace the card. If they have it in the office they need to put it back in the car and retake the photos to get my interest. If they don't have it and they plan to replace it they need to put a statement to that effect in the ad. Or maybe they can state NAV SD card not included and drop the price enough below market value to offset.

Short of some positive action on the used car dealers part I'm going to assume the worst and move on to a deal that isn't as complicated or at least is a known better value.

Keep in mind most of the people will have no idea that the SD card is required for nav, or that a battery bar is missing. Maybe not even the dealership...

SD Card cost 300 - 400.00 dollars, I forgot which, the sales person told me what it cost to replace, the used leaf I purchased had the SD Card stolen right from the Lexus dealer, took 3 weeks to order the new SD Card from Nissan and once installed I purchased the leaf and drove off, no issues with the Nav station and comms with the Apps.

I was not charged for the SD Card.

Fred

I'm pretty sure the only other option at a dealer would be to let it sit at exactly 100% instead. The car is much better off like this!

Back