2013 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smnewport

I have come across a brand new 2013 locally and was given a sub $24k quote. It sounds like a great price, but I am concerned about the "age" of the car, and more specifically, the condition of the battery.

The car has been sitting on the dealer's lot for probably over a year. It was crammed in the lot by rows of other cars, so I doubt they charge the battery periodically to keep it in operating condition.

What kind of long term effects would there be on a 1+ year old battery pack that most likely has not been charged all this time? Any permanent degradation that may have taken place as a result of this prolonged unuse? The same goes for the rest of the car, the axles, brakes, A/C, etc. I know that the battery has a warranty, but I rather not have to use it for any repairs/replacements.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unless the battery got below 20% charge for a long time, it was better this way. Sitting at 100% is what is most likely to degrade the battery, although you should still use LeafSpy or some other app to check the present capacity. It will probably need a new 12 volt accessory battery.

Thanks for that useful info. As luck would have it, this dealer turned out to be a sleazy bunch. I went to the dealer after getting the internet quote. I was given a new quote that was $5000 higher. When I referred to my already promised internet quote, the salesperson told me that quote was for a stripped down, bare bones Leaf that does not actually exist.

It was the classic bait and switch. I guess it was better this way since the 2015 batteries probably will have much better longevity.

Back