A few leasing questions...2014 vs. 2015?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

We are getting ready to lease a Leaf and wondering whether anyone has heard any rumblings of what types of lease deals might be offered on the 2015 models. The challenge is that the model we want is sold out at our local dealership for the 2014s, so our options are lease from somewhere else where it is still in stock, or wait for 2015. Sales guy did not know what the new lease prices would be yet but said they were expected to be slightly higher, and cars were expected on the floor mid-July. We are looking to lease an S with the charger upgrade.

If we do lease from another dealer, do we need to have our car serviced/maintained through that dealer, or can we just bring it to our local dealer? (Local dealer is down the street and dealers with cars in stock are 30-60 minutes away, so if we have to take it there over the life of the lease, we would pay the extra to get a 2015 locally. If it doesn't matter once we sign the lease, we'll go check those cars out.)

Thanks!!

LTLFTcomposite said:
You don't have to get service where you bought/leased. I've never been back to the dealer where I got mine.

The same for both of ours. My local service dept has been very happy to service our LEAFs without caring where they were acquired.

Thank you! I confirmed with our dealer that they can do a swap if needed, so it sounds like we will be all set either way.

The $249/month x 36 months + $1999 down + government fees on a Leaf S (no QC) for 12k/year is currently Nissan USA's official lease deal on the 2015. That's a $50/month increase over their official lease deal for late 2012's and the 2013's (not sure about the 2014's).

I've seen more TV advertisements for this lease offer in the last 2 weeks than I have seen other Leaf advertisements of any sort over the last year.

Main reason for this is the residuals on the 2015. Residuals for 15 are right around 45-50%.

Money factors aren't great either. 13's and 14's were .00003, the 15's are .00015.

Nissan will incentivize it once they see inventories are void of 14's.

Patience is a virtue.

Right now (in TX market), 1st payment due (non-VPP) on a Leaf S is $392/mo. for 36/12k.

Back