Nissan Seattle dealer restricting DCQC access

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachwaterkk

I was looking for DCQC in Seattle are when I stumbled across this dealer who allows access only to cars purchased there. Is this an acceptable behavior?

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/15807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are shooting themselves in their own foot. as independent dealers they can do whatever they want - I would NOT buy there and would encourage others to NOT buy there too. We as a community should support those dealers that support the community and let the others go out of business.

beachwaterkk said:
I was looking for DCQC in Seattle are when I stumbled across this dealer who allows access only to cars purchased there. Is this an acceptable behavior?

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/15807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And will they be checking your VIN before plugging in? Or do they have mugshots of every Leaf purchaser posted on the wall of "allowed to use"? Seems hard to enforce properly.

2k1Toaster said:
beachwaterkk said:

And will they be checking your VIN before plugging in? Or do they have mugshots of every Leaf purchaser posted on the wall of "allowed to use"? Seems hard to enforce properly.

The license plate frame would be an easy way to identify. That is just a guess work.

braineo said:
They are shooting themselves in their own foot. as independent dealers they can do whatever they want - I would NOT buy there and would encourage others to NOT buy there too. We as a community should support those dealers that support the community and let the others go out of business.

They don't have a lot of good reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/nissan-of-the-eastside-bellevue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), however, they are one of the biggest dealers in the region. I think their location works a lot in their favor.

beachwaterkk said:
2k1Toaster said:
beachwaterkk said:

The license plate frame would be an easy way to identify. That is just a guess work.

You don't have to keep the freebie frames on the car. Many people replace them. But I would agree that if this is their policy, then shun the dealership.

I wrote one of those poor reviews on yelp but it was mainly centered around the buying experience (I bought elsewhere).

They tried to promote charging as one of the reasons why I should park there. They basically said that if I buy my leaf there I can charger there for free but otherwise I can't so I should buy there.

I basically told them that if that's their practice, then it's more reason why I refuse to buy there...lol.

The chargers at this dealership are pretty much always in use. They have something like 20 Leaf loaners so those vehicles are always getting charged as well.

It's basically a joke of a dealership around here.

Magic Nissan (up in Everett) also has a policy where you can only QC for free if you bought your car there. It is enforced via Chargepoint (you have to send them your vin so that they can look it up and then approve your chargepoint card).

Younker Nissan (in Renton) offers free charging to everyone during business hours (they come out with a fob to enable you to charge). I bought my Leaf here.

RVD.

Contact Nissan NA. They tell me that Any and All Nissan Dealers are subject to allow ALL of us to use theire chargers..

Exceptions Being that they are servicing a customers car and need to charge it for the customer to pick it up. I ran into this same issue In Oxnard and Nissan NA Fixed it.. It just takes a Call from the Mother Ship to remind them (Dealers) that the Deal they have made with all of us is that we can use the Network of chargers at all Nissan Dealers.. Just Call ahead!.

As others mentioned above Eastside has a large loaner fleet and sells a whole lot of LEAFs so their DCQC is often in use. As a result they have made the decision that they will prioritize DCQC use in this order. Internal use, their customers, everyone else. Eastside was one of the early dealerships to get DCQC and was not paid for under the programs that most dealerships got Nissan corporate to install them at their dealerships in exchange for making them public. This is very much their own private DCQC.

What has not been mentioned is that they partnered with Blink to have a dual headed Blink unit installed for public use 24/7 taking up two of their limited parking spaces. This was their response to their private charger being used so frequently and in my opinion is great, how many other dealerships do you know that have three DCQC heads?

Eastside is currently relocating and their new location will also have 24/7 public DCQC(s).

Back