New Zealand owners beware!!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klutch

Hi Guys,

I have had a chat to a gentleman who had recently been 'let-go' from Nissan NZ. As a good friend of mine he shared some info which shocked me to be fair.

Nissan NZ's official stance on the Nissan Leaf is "In no way shall parts or service be provided to imported or modified Nissan Leaf (All years)" ....."This also includes the sales or service of charging units (EVSE) or the distribution of information or manuals related to the Nissan Leaf (All years)"

Thanks Nissan.

With that in mind 1, I am not going to actively advertise that my Leaf is a good car in NZ
2, I am looking for people, and I know there a few out there, who are willing to go into partnership with me to purchase the required software and hardware to communicate with the leafs for diagnostics and updates etc etc and build our own network (not hard to beat Nissans official 2) of Leaf service centres.

Also for the wheeler dealers out there, I am of the understanding the dashboard language is stored in the PDM so an ENGLISH software update should put the dash into english with more options and I am trying to work out how to replace the head unit/infomatics system with an english equilivent (currently thinking it just unplugs from the telemetry unit and requires its matching sd card for maps, which also dont work here argh)

Any thoughts?

Back