For those of you who have Requested Quotes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friendnumber1

And received a quote...

I am wondering, do they have an expiration date?

My quote for my AV charging dock does (12/31/2010). I am wondering if the quotes do as well.

The reason is that I would like to get my charging dock installed this year and buy my car next year.

You guessed it, my tax liability may be close to $7,500, so I want to spread out the credits as much as I can.

SEE BELOW, what I meant was after you reach agreement with your dealer, do you get an arrival date, or other expiration date for the deal.

I am pretty sure all the quotes technically expire within 24 hours or so. Of course you could probably talk to a dealer directly and ask for a longer expiration date in writing.

From a screenshot I took yesterday at 10:27AM, my quote was expiring today at 12:16.
I'm guessing the dealer sent it a 10:16, so that would mean that they expire after 26 hours.

Well if you like the price then select to buy you can always walk away in Dec when the car come in you can say you changed your mind.

WHOOPS!

What I meant to ask is after you confirm the quote, or whatever. Is there a date given for when your car will arrive? Or some other expiration date.

friendnumber1 said:
WHOOPS!

What I meant to ask is after you confirm the quote, or whatever. Is there a date given for when your car will arrive? Or some other expiration date.

The 'date pending' should be filled in by Sept./Oct., after they start production.

The qoute for the car once accepted should be valid upon delivery.
Talk to your dealer as it is probably not an issue to delay delivery for a short time and let it sit in the showroom for a week.

Back