Dealer compensation for battery replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If done under warranty, they charge for the number of hours listed in the Nissan Service Manual to perform the task at the rate Nissan allows for the job, plus any parts and supplies that are listed as necessary to complete the service. If out of warranty, the hourly rate billed to the customer will vary depending on the dealer and the locale.

I don't know the actual amount they receive from Nissan. I would guess somewhere between $500 and $1500. There may also be additional funds for handling the battery, and the rental car for the customer to use while the work is being done.

It probably depends on the dealer. I have read reports by others that they were provided a rental while the pack was being replaced under warranty. I always got a free rental when my Leaf was in for service, while it was in warranty. I have not been in yet, since the warranty expired. I'll see what happens in the spring when I take it in for a battery test.

When I had the battery replacement under warranty done at Hill Nissan in Winter Haven, they gave me a rental car for the time it took. It was actually a brand new Versa with about 26 miles, I hadn't smelled the "New Car Smell" in a long time, but I was still happier once I got the LEAF back.

Back