That "come to Jesus" moment

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Just found out tonight that a fellow I remember as giving me no end of (good natured?) grief about my EV purchase decision 4 years ago recently leased a Fiat 500e. I put good natured in parentheses and with a question mark because I don't remember it being completely good natured, though it definitely wouldn't have been with any real malice either. How things have changed, huh?

Hahaha!

Kinda on that note... one of my coworkers awhile ago was annoyed by there being "too many" spaces reserved for EV charging. Now her family leases a Fiat 500e and she sometimes drives it to work. But, she ends up using our EV valets.

When you said "come to Jesus", the first thing that popped into my mind was http://www.computerworld.com/article/2498805/security0/raytheon-s-cyberchief-describes--come-to-jesus--moment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

cwerdna said:
Hahaha!

Kinda on that note... one of my coworkers awhile ago was annoyed by there being "too many" spaces reserved for EV charging. Now her family leases a Fiat 500e and she sometimes drives it to work. But, she ends up using our EV valets.

When you said "come to Jesus", the first thing that popped into my mind was http://www.computerworld.com/article/2498805/security0/raytheon-s-cyberchief-describes--come-to-jesus--moment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I read the computer world article and was thinking Raytheon was perhaps in the wrong business.

My neighbors dog will not attack anyone if they don't don't into their yard and he is "only" a dog.

cwerdna said:
Hahaha!

It's amazing the amount of innovation that's been going on in cyber security over the last few years. The companies that are serious about security are issuing security tokens for logins, sandboxing to stop malware, using machine learning / behavioral analysis to protect their databases, etc. Then there's Target stores and the rest of the retailers. Security, not so much.

But back to the OP. I'm reminded of this quote.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

With EV's were at about stage 2.25. In another decade we'll be firmly in stage 3.

ENIAC said:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer
Interesting quote.
It has taken a while for a significant % to recognize the better choice of electric vehicles.
Longer than 100 years.
Has taken us as a species multiple millenia to gradually recognize that violence is never an acceptable solution.
How long will it take for us as a species to recognize that it is self evident that violence is never a solution :idea:

TimLee said:
How long will it take for us as a species to recognize that it is self evident that violence is never a solution :idea:
I don't know about our species but it's really sad that in America we militarized our police at the same time violent crime was falling at a record pace. Now a decade later we have paramilitary police reining violence down on fellow citizens as if they're at war with us. They're armed with military gear provided to them from the Gulf wars. Over 40,000 SWAT raids per year. Think about that for a moment. It's also estimated only 5% - 7% of those 40,000 SWAT raids were for what SWAT was intended for. If we want violence to decrease how about we abandon the paramilitary police and restore some sanity.

Back