Official Nissan e-NV200 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the love child of a Leaf and a Scion xB :D

The exterior styling is unrefined, a throwback to the 1950s. Might work as a runabout city car. Don't see any soccer moms buying it.

From the slide show, the interior is quite a revelation. Clearly based on the Leaf but with a lot of nice upgrades.

I find the comment that it will get the same range as the Leaf odd since it has the same size battery and yet appears to be both heavier and less aerodynamic...

It's a minivan, its supposed to be ugly...

I couldn't see the video at the link above.

Saw it here:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/01/nissan-electrifies-nv200-for-2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, you can get a sunroof on the van, but not the 5 door LEAF?

Also note the more "conventional" handbrake and shift selector.

Wonder if these are economy moves, or an indication of a return to 'tradition", by Nissan.

IMO, this will be the perfect urban taxi and shuttle vehicle. Every Nissan dealer should use it as a courtesy vehicle, to give gasoline addicts a taste of the future.

It will also the first viable BEV family truckster, for regions with DC charge infrastructure.

This is looking very production ready. With sliding rear doors and plenty of cargo room - it can sell as many as Leaf will.

Nice, the e-NV200 in the video already showed 4,649 miles on the odometer. Seems like quite a few miles for a just announced electric vehicle concept to me. I like it.

I wonder if it can take 4' x 4', 4' x 6' or 4' x 8' sheet of building material laying in the back. It would be sweet if it could. Need to find the cargo measurements.

TomT said:
I find the comment that it will get the same range as the Leaf odd since it has the same size battery and yet appears to be both heavier and less aerodynamic...
It looks pretty narrow in the video compared to the LEAF, but will probably still be less aerodynamic.

This really looks like something designed for Japan - it's very Kei-car like - or for taxi use.

I used to own a Ford Transit Connect. Had the price not been _utterly insane_ I would have gotten the EV version, as I used it for in-city commuting and local shop-runabout. But >$50K for an electric van? No way. After two years (and the acquisition of my Leaf) I traded the TC in on a Ford Flex as my 'road trip gas car'. The Flex has made life much nicer but I miss having the shop-runabout van.

If this Nissan EV van concept makes it out I may see if I can punch out of my Leaf early and swap to to the e-NV200 ASAP. That'd be the best-of-all-worlds for my personal needs - a light-duty shop van, in-town commuter + EV all in one, and I'd still have the Flex for my long road-travels.

And, having owned a TC, a Transsport an Element and a Leaf, I'm quite happy to own 'pug ugly' (ahem) Uniquely Styled vehicles. :)

Nissan should seriously consider hiring Johnathan Ive from Apple. Do they realize this kind of styling is what holding everyone from buying an EV? :)

I don't have a service manual but it is shown in the owner's manual as the XM antenna. Great the second vehicle I own with an antenna dedicated to a service I don't subscribe to! :x

TonyWilliams said:
saywatt said:
I wonder what they did with the NAV antenna :?:

Probably the same place as the LEAF... Under the dash. That big pile on the rear of your car is not for GPS. See service manual.

I wish they would make a stylish EV like the G35. This would be good for a taxi but it is not good looking at all. Glad they ditched the bulging leaf headlights in this van. I don't care if Nissan has some wierd looking EV's in it's product portfolio but they need to balance the odd with some sexy and sporty EV's. For us looks concious buyers, we'll have to wait for the Infiniti EV.

+1 on Fugly!

Tesla's Roadster and their Model S are both extremely sexy looking vehicles. With the design resources at Nissan's fingertips, I can't understand why they don't put some effort into designing a truly stunning looking EV?

Thoughts?

Back