Tesla Supercharger Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lorenfb said:
Initially the idea of having QCs (or SCs) seemed like a great idea for travel beyond the range obtained
from overnight charging. I QCed a few times at Nissan dealers to visit customers that required about
150+ miles in a day. I generally don't have but 10-15 minutes to QC, given my appointments with
customers. But lately, one finds that the QC station is not functioning or there's a few cars ahead.
So when one might get stranded, i.e. dead QC, the idea of a QC or SC becomes very less desirable.

Bottom line: The Tesla SC network is basically a real joke in that one MUST confine one's travel around
that network and their functionality and availability at the time of arrival. Tesla has a "LONG way to go"
to replicate the ICE system of 'energy replacement'.
one thing you seemed to have missed about the Tesla SC network is that it is still in it's infancy and while you are correct that currently there are many gaps and convoluted routes that sometimes need to be taken the network IS growing and those gaps are being filled in and hopefully in the next 12-18 months a majority of the planned network will be in place. I have taken many trips utilizing the the Tesla SC network here on the east coast, trips that are IMPOSSIBLE to make in my LEAF

As of 7/3/14, Salina, KS with 6 stalls is listed and on the map. Total now 31/99/623.

Master list showing all locations, plus opening dates after 1/14 can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9111&p=371758#p371758

As of 7/14/14, Tifton, GA with 8 stalls (opened 7/10; 100th U.S. Supercharger); Wickenburg, AZ with 6 stalls; and Squamish, BC with 6 stalls (First Canadian Supercharger) are all listed and mapped. U.S. Total now 31/101/637. Canadian Total is 1/1/6.

Master list showing all locations, plus opening dates after 1/14 can be found here:

GRA said:
As of 7/14/14, Tifton, GA with 8 stalls (opened 7/10; 100th U.S. Supercharger); Wickenburg, AZ with 6 stalls; and Squamish, BC with 6 stalls (First Canadian Supercharger) are all listed and mapped. U.S. Total now 31/101/637. Canadian Total is 1/1/6.

Master list showing all opening dates after 1/14 can be found here:

Again, like who cares about the Tesla SCs! This is a Leaf forum, so why not compile a list of Leaf QCs
and what's required to use them, e.g. free, ChargePoint card, Blink, etc.

All the Tesla SC data are here anyway:
http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger
So why waste Leaf forum bandwidth?

^^^
You're welcome to ignore this thread.

I care somewhat since Tesla is dead serious about EVs and is very serious about DC fast charging them. Amongst other things, the way they deploy (e.g. multiple stalls per site, often near a place to eat and/or do something), list and announce deployments is a benchmark for others to follow. Their DC FCing speeds beats the pants off of everyone else and their network has been growing very rapidly.

Tesla usually announces new SC openings on their Facebook page. They have a nicely compiled list. What other plug-in maker does this? Even today, it seems like new CHAdeMO installations even at Nissan dealers are by folks who stumble across them and post them here. I can understand Nissan not having control or insight into 3rd party charging networks, but at least they could do a better job for ones at their dealers.

GRA, continue w/the updates. I see nothing wrong w/discussing other plug-in vehicles here. In fact, we don't have to discuss Leafs at all on this forum. As I mentioned before, Tivocommunity's off-topic area (Happy Hour) is FAR busier w/WAY more posts and traffic than ALL the TiVo-related areas combined. It's been that way for many years.

lorenfb said:
Again, like who cares about the Tesla SCs! This is a Leaf forum, so why not compile a list of Leaf QCs

This thread is in the sub-forum "non Leaf discussions - Other electric cars & plug in hybrids".

The Leaf, nor any other EV or PHEV exist in a vacuum.
Competition works, and as one company improves their product, other companies are pushed to improve their own, or loose market share.
Heck, the Volt would not exist if it were not for Tesla.

Also, Tesla has recently offered to share its patents, including the supercharger patents and network. Having some insight into how their network is growing, what its strengths and weaknesses are allows one to form an informed decision as to if this is a good idea or not.

As a potential future Leaf owner, it is something I like to see.
Of course, as a present MS owner I follow this news elsewhere as well.

Even though we have our disagreements GRA, I appreciate you compiling this data and find it easier to follow than Tesla's own site:)

"Amongst other things, the way they deploy (e.g. multiple stalls per site, often near a place to eat and/or do something), list and announce deployments is a benchmark for others to follow."

Which is an absolute necessity for sales of the MS and that's not the case for Leaf, i.e. the Leaf is marketed
as an intra-city BEV.

"Heck, the Volt would not exist if it were not for Tesla."

Heard it from Elon, right?

lorenfb said:
GRA said:

Master list showing all opening dates after 1/14 can be found here:

if you are interested in compiling, maintaining and posting a list of the QCs please do it! I am sure that there are many that would appreciate the effort

As this happens to be the first post on the page, we've now hit 100 U.S. Superchargers and Canada has their first, I'm posting the updated full list minus all the opening dates to this point here. I will continue to announce future openings in separate posts, linking back to here. There's also a link at the end back to the full list including the older opening dates, which I will continue to update, plus a link to the supercharge.info site.

Tesla U.S. Supercharger # of states/locations/stalls as of 7/14/2014: 31/101/637

Arizona
Buckeye 8
Casa Grande 6
Cordes Lakes 6
Flagstaff 4
Gila Bend 8
Holbrook 4
Kingman 6
Quartzsite 8
Wickenburg 6
Yuma 8
Total: 10/64

California
Atascadero 8
Barstow 8
Buellton 8
Cabazon 10
Corning 6
Culver City 12
El Centro 8
Folsom 4
Fremont 8
Gilroy 10
Harris Rch. 7
Hawthorne 6
Indio 8
Mt. Shasta 4
Oxnard 10
Rancho Cucamonga 12
Roseville 7
San Juan Capistrano 7
Tejon Rch. 6
Truckee 6
Vacaville 8
Total: 21/163

Colorado
Denver 6
Glenwood Springs 6
Grand Junction 6
Limon 6
Lone Tree 4
Silverthorne 8
Total: 6/36

Kansas
Hays 6
Goodland 6
Salina 6
Topeka 8
Total: 4/26

Montana
Big Timber 4
Billings 4
Bozeman 4
Butte 6
Missoula 6
Superior 4
Total: 6/28

New Mexico
Farmington 4
Gallup 4
Total: 2/8

Nevada
Las Vegas 6
Primm 8
Total: 2/14

Oregon
The Dalles 5
Detroit Lake 6
Grant's Pass 4
Springfield 8
Woodburn 8
Total: 5/31

South Dakota
Mitchell 6
Murdo 4
Rapid City 4
Total: 3/14

Utah
Beaver 4
Blanding 4
Green River 4
Moab 4
Nephi 6
Richfield 4
St. George 4
Total: 7/30

Washington
Burlington 8
Centralia 10
Ellensburg 5
Ritzville 4
Total: 4/27

Wyoming
Cheyenne 4
Lusk 4
Total: 2/8

Alabama
Auburn 6
Greenville 6
Total: 2/12

Connecticut
Darien N/S 8
Greenwich N/S 8
Milford N/S 4
West Hartford 8
Total: 4/28

Delaware
Newark 4
Total: 1/4

Florida
Brandon 8
Fort Drum 6
Fort Myers 8
Lake City 6
Ocala 8
Port Orange 6
Port St. Lucie 8
St. Augustine 6
Turkey Lake 6
Total: 9/62

Georgia
Atlanta 10
Decatur 4
Macon 8
Savannah 6
Tifton 8
Total: 5/36

Illinois
Aurora 4
Country Club Hills 8
Highland Park 4
Normal 4
Rockford 6
Total: 5/26

Indiana
Angola 6
Indianapolis 8
Lafayette 8
Mishawaka 6

Louisiana
Lake Charles 6
Total: 1/6

Maryland
Bethesda 2
Hagerstown 6
Salisbury 6
Total: 3/14

Massachusetts
Auburn 8
Sagamore Beach 8
Total: 2/16

Michigan
St. Joseph 8
Total: 1/8

Minnesota
Albert Lea 4
Worthington 6
Total: 2/10

North Carolina
Burlington 8
Lumberton 4
Plymouth 8
Rocky Mount 8

New Jersey
Edison 8
Hamilton Township 6
Paramus 8
Total: 3/22

New York
Albany 3
JFK Int. 4
Syosset 4
Total: 3/11

Ohio
Dayton 8
Lima 8
Macedonia 6
Maumee 6

Pennsylvania
Cranberry 6
Somerset 6
Total: 2/12

Rhode Island
East Greenwich 8
Total: 1/8

South Carolina
Santee 6
Total: 1/6

Tennessee
Chattanooga 6
Total 1/6

Texas
Columbus 6
Corsicana 6
Huntsville 6
San Marcos 5
Waco 8
Total: 5/31

Virginia
Glen Allen 8
South Hill 6
Woodbridge 4
Total: 3/18

Wisconsin
Eau Claire 6
La Crosse 6
Madison 3
Mauston 6
Pleasant Prairie 8
Total: 3/15

West Virginia
Triadelphia 4
Total: 1/4
---------------------------------

As of 7/23/14, for some strange reason an SC with four stalls in Billings, MT, is now listed and mapped. It can't be reached from either Rapid City, SD or Lusk, WY, the two nearest SCs, so presumably one or more SCs in between are underway. Total U.S. SCs now 32/102/641.

As of 8/4/14, The Dalles, OR with 5 stalls is listed and mapped (reported open by site owner on 8/1, but no usage reported in the interim). Total U.S. SCs now 32/103/646.

As of 8/7/14, South Hill, VA with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/104/652.

As of 8/14/14, the long-awaited St. George, UT SC with 4 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/105/656.

As of 8/22/14 (live 8/20), Lake City, FL with 6 stalls and Edison, NJ with 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/107/670.

As of 8/26/14, Truckee, CA with 6 stalls is now listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/108/676.

As of 9/9/14, Chattanooga, TN, with 6 stalls and the Barstow, Ca. upgrade from 4 to 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/109/686.

As of 9/25/14, the long delayed Oxnard, Ca. SC (reported live 9/24) with 10 stalls, and Brandon (Tampa) Fl. with 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/111/704. As of 9/26/14 Indio, Ca., has also been reported via Tesla email as open, but isn't yet listed or mapped. It is possible that Tesla's U.S. supercharger stall total has now passed the total of U.S. CHAdeMOs, which were reported to total 700 within the past month.

As of 9/27/14, Indio, Ca. with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/112/712.

As of 10/3/14, Casa Grande, AZ with 6 stalls is listed and mapped (live 9/30). Total U.S. SCs now 33/113/718.

As of 10/14/14, Cordes Lakes, AZ with 6 stalls, and Lafayette, IN with 8 stalls (live 10/10) are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/115/732. Arizona becomes the second state to reach double digit SC sites. U.S. CHAdeMO total recently given as 731, so this may be the point at which SC #s overtake CHAdeMO #s here - if not it will certainly be soon.

As of 10/17/14, Topeka, KS with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/116/740.

As of 10/24/14, Big Timber, MT with 4 stalls and Bozeman, MT with 4 stalls are listed (but not yet mapped). Total U.S. SCs now 33/118/748.

As of 10/29/14, Sagamore Beach, MA with 8 stalls is listed and mapped (opened 10/28). Total U.S. SCs now 34/119/756.

As of 10/31/14, Missoula, MT with 6 stalls (open 10/30) and Indianapolis, IN with 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/121/770.

As of 11/6/14, Ocala, FL with 8 stalls (open 11/3) is listed but not yet mapped. FL is the 3rd state to reach 50 stalls, after CA and AZ. Total U.S. SCs now 34/122/778.

As of 11/10, Denver, CO with 6 stalls (open 11/8) and Country Club Hills, IL with 8 stalls (open 11/7) are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/124/792.

As of 11/12/14, Salisbury, MD with 6 stalls (open 11/8) and Dayton, OH with 8 stalls are listed and mapped (on the 'find us' page). Total U.S. SCs now 34/126/806.

As of 11/20/14, Decatur (Atlanta), GA with 4 stalls, and Rancho Cucamonga, CA with 12 stalls, are listed and mapped. total U.S. SCs now 34/128/822.

As of 11/21/14, Turkey Lake (Orlando), FL with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/129/828.

As of 11/26/14, Primm, NV with 8 stalls, Paramus, NJ with 8 stalls, and Fort Drum (Okeechobee), FL with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/132/850.

As of 12/4/14, Butte, MT with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/133/856.

As of 12/5/14, West Hartford, CT with 8 stalls, Superior, MT with 4 stalls and Greenville, AL with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 35/136/874.

As of 12/17/14, Cabazon, CA. with 10 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 35/137/884.

As of 12/19/14, Atlanta, GA with 10 stalls and Culver City, CA with 12 stalls are listed and mapped. California now has 20 SC locations with a total of 155 stalls. Total U.S. SCs now 35/139/906.

As of 12/23/14, Lake Charles, LA with 6 stalls (open 12/21), and Auburn, AL with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 36/141/918.

As of 12/23/14, Lima, OH with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 36/142/926.

As of 12/29/14, El Centro, CA with 8 stalls (live 12/26) is on the map. Total U.S. SCs now 36/143/934.

As of 12/30/14, Auburn, MA with 8 stalls is on the map. Total U.S. SCs now 36/144/942.

Tesla Canadian Supercharger # of provinces/locations/stalls as of 7/14/2014: 1/1/6.

British Columbia
Kamloops 4
Revelstoke 4
Squamish 6
Hope 6
Total: 4/20

Ontario
Cornwall 6
Toronto 8
Woodstock 8
Total 3/22

As of 8/30/14, Toronto, Ontario (open 8/26) with 8, and Cornwall, Ontario (open 8/28) are listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/3/20.

As of 12/10/14, Hope, BC with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/4/26.

As of 12/18/14, Woodstock, ON, with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/5/34.

As of 12/23/14, Kamloops, BC with 4 stalls is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/6/38.

As of 12/30/14, Revelstoke, BC with 4 stalls is on the map. Total Canadian SCs now 2/7/42.

http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9111&start=670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Site with a map showing all SCs open, under construction or permitted plus lots of other stuff can be found here:

http://supercharge.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scottf200 said:
lorenfb said:
"Heck, the Volt would not exist if it were not for Tesla."
Heard it from Elon, right?
Actually it is in multiple interviews with Bob Lutz. One of which Elon and and Bob were both in the interview.
That was the Charlie Rose interview:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/299015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zythryn said:
lorenfb said:

This thread is in the sub-forum "non Leaf discussions - Other electric cars & plug in hybrids".

The Leaf, nor any other EV or PHEV exist in a vacuum.
Competition works, and as one company improves their product, other companies are pushed to improve their own, or loose market share.
+1 and ++1 to GRA. I appreciate your work maintaining this off-topic thread and check it often.

- GRA -
"we've now hit 100 U.S. Superchargers and Canada has their first,"

"We", a shill for Tesla?

I guess some don't like to hear the 'reality' about Tesla:

1. Floated $2B in bonds under the pretense to build the Giga-factory,
i.e. still no partner nor location selected. Could Panasonic be asking;
"Like what's happening with Tesla's down-turn in domestic sales".
2. Having major drive-train failures increasing present and long term warranty costs.
And what's a potential buyer (with a deposit) to expect from the four wheel drive X
CUV and its additionally complexity. Tesla will surely refund deposits when major
X problems emerge, right?
3. The 'three-year-out' Gen 3, where the 'key' to Tesla's success there is based on the
Giga and its economy-of-scale (meager 30%). Please!

TomT said:
Yes! Great work! Pay no attention to lorenfb; few on this board do anyway...
icon_mini_profile.gif
User Control Panel
KujZtDa.png

lorenfb said:
"Amongst other things, the way they deploy (e.g. multiple stalls per site, often near a place to eat and/or do something), list and announce deployments is a benchmark for others to follow."

Which is an absolute necessity for sales of the MS and that's not the case for Leaf, i.e. the Leaf is marketed as an intra-city BEV.
There are plenty of folks who take their Leafs on drives/trips where they will need to charge somewhere and don't want to wait hours. The deployment of single CHAdeMO stations isn't great as there can be a line or it can be down or ICEd. For instance, someone the other day posted on the SF BayLeafs FB group that they tried 3 Blink DC FCs when trying to get home and none worked. They said they finally found one near Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City.

With the Superchargers, there are multiple charging stalls and they also charge MUCH faster than the typical 44 to 50 kW CHAdeMO DC FCs. And the Leaf w/its small battery ends up ramping down fairly quickly.

The "free" Supercharging for life is attractive vs. me either finding free DC FCs or reasonably priced ones vs. say crappy $5-$8 session unreliable Blinks, which I've used 0 times.

The incredible range of the Model S coupled w/Superchargers lets many folks ditch their ICEVs and/or take them on long road trips w/o nearly as much of a time penalty as a Leaf.

So, if to you, the Leaf doesn't "need" good deployment, lists and announcements of CHAdeMO DC FCs, one still has to admit that what I mentioned is pretty poor vs. what Tesla's being doing w/their Superchargers.

BTW, Nissan has previously marketed the Leaf has a "100 mile" car. :roll: This crap was still going on a year ago (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) in the US. But this is not to be outdone w/200 km (124 miles) at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=304180#p304180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17067&p=372387&hilit=200+km+brochure#p372387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

lorenfb said:
- GRA -
"we've now hit 100 U.S. Superchargers and Canada has their first,"

"We", a shill for Tesla?
No, 'We' as in the U.S. EV community. If you're seriously accusing me of being a shill for Tesla, it's clear that you haven't read the posts in this topic from page 41 to roughly page 60.

lorenfb said:
I guess some don't like to hear the 'reality' about Tesla:

1. Floated $2B in bonds under the pretense to build the Giga-factory,
i.e. still no partner nor location selected. Could Panasonic be asking;
"Like what's happening with Tesla's down-turn in domestic sales".
2. Having major drive-train failures increasing present and long term warranty costs.
And what's a potential buyer (with a deposit) to expect from the four wheel drive X
CUV and its additionally complexity. Tesla will surely refund deposits when major
X problems emerge, right?
3. The 'three-year-out' Gen 3, where the 'key' to Tesla's success there is based on the
Giga and its economy-of-scale (meager 30%). Please!
Actually, all the above has been discussed extensively in the Model S topic; I've brought up at least the first one myself.

As of 7/23/14, for some strange reason an SC with four stalls in Billings, MT, is now listed and mapped. It can't be reached from either Rapid City, SD or Lusk, WY, the two nearest SCs, so presumably one or more SCs in between are underway. Total U.S. SCs now 32/102/641.

Most recent full list at the top of this page.

Site with a map showing all SCs open, under construction or permitted plus lots of other stuff can be found here:

http://supercharge.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA said:

If you set the slider on Tesla's official Supercharger map to the 2014 scale, you can see that Billings is part of the route from Washington state to the existing I-90 route by traveling through Idaho and Montana. This path will allow those travelers from Washington to avoid heading South through California to start their cross country journeys. It's just the first Supercharger on the route, so it's out in the middle of no where. Sort like what happened with that first I-90 Supercharger out in the middle of nowhere South Dakota and the first I-70 Supercharger in Goodland, KS. The holes quickly filled in around them and the oddball loner location was quickly forgotten as being an oddity.

Latest posts

Back