Yet Another Pollution Study Panning plug-in Hybrids

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

https://electrek.co/2023/02/08/another-study-shows-plug-in-hybrids-are-dirtier-than-we-thought/

The momentum is building to cut PHEVs out of the subsidy pie.

Past time

Or, it could be time to call the bluffs of the manufacturers, fleet managers, and drivers, and allow only PHEVs with long AER's, an electric heater, and no motor-charging mode,

LeftieBiker said:
Or, it could be time to call the bluffs of the manufacturers, fleet managers, and drivers, and allow only PHEVs with long AER's, an electric heater, and no motor-charging mode,

The article mentioned that the BMW i3 had much better pollution results than the others, presumably because of the high AER that encouraged owners to actually plug in.

Catch-22 there I think, since a big enough battery to entice plugging in kills the price advantage of PHEV over EV

I do agree though that a sliding scale subsidy of AER up to 300 miles would be vastly more rational that what is currently used.

I haven't been following this lately, but are Euro Luxury manufacturers still producing PHEVs with AERs of less than 20 miles? I remember once seeing an AWD Mini with an AER of something like 9 miles...

Back